Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The end of my marriage

Phantomcabbie1976

• Members
Phantomcabbie1976

After over a decade together, my wife decided that she didn't want to be in a relationship anymore. The hardest part is we love each other deeply and we are best friends. The one person I want to talk to about this is her and I can't. What's worse is, that all of our friends started as her friends. So I don't even feel comfortable talking to them about it, even though I know they love me. Add to this the fact that I just found out that my mother is dying and probably won't be here at the end of the month. Add on to this that I just lost my job and you have a pretty good country song I guess. The pain in my heart is so bad right now. I don't know how to exist without her. She's all I've known for so long. I guess I have to take it one day at a time. Thanks for listening.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If you can possibly get her to agree to go to couples therapy and give it a month...

Do you know why your wife has made this decision?  Does she feel she is missing out on something?  Does she have someone else?

I am so sorry for what you are going through!  I usually am in bed by 7 so I am so sorry I didn't see this sooner, I must have just turned off my laptop.

Thinking of you and praying for you today...
Keep looking for work, something will turn up.  File unemployent asap.  If your wife wants to continue with this, stay in the family home, get a lawyer, there are free ones you can find online.  Don't be quick to let her have everything.
1 Getting Free or Low-Cost Legal Help