Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

i lost my mom 11 years ago and ill never get over her

wemissyousomuch

• Members
wemissyousomuch

I lost my mom at age 5, I am now almost 16. I am so sick and tired of people telling me she’s not suffering anymore and it was her time to go. It wasn’t she wanted nothing more than to keep fighting, she loved me and my two other siblings, she was so young. She was an amazing mother to me i miss her so much i didn’t understand for years that she was drad i thought shed come back. And i wish more than anything that she would, i want my mom back.

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

Of course that doesn't help, people want you to feel better and so they say what they think is encouraging, when what you really need is for them to listen and acknowledge your pain, it IS real and it IS significant.  Yes, she was young, I am so sorry for your loss.  My heart goes out to you.  I thought it was bad losing my dad when I was in my 20s and pregnant with his grandchild...and it was, but losing your mom at five, that's very hard.
https://www.griefhealing.com/column-what-is-not-helpful.htm

I wish those around you had this:
https://www.griefhealing.com/column-helping-another-in-grief.htm

• Members

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom when you were only 5 years old. Still a baby, really. I wish I had more words of comfort. As a mother myself, I know the love for my children transcends this world - it will never die. The love is there and always will be there, from your mother. Although it's intangible and unseen like radio waves, it exists. Tap into that through meditation. I believe we can learn to connect with our loved ones this way. It's like developing a new relationship with them. Peace to you. Xo

• Like 1