Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Struggling

Clair

• Members

Hi everyone I'm new.

I lost my father in law Aug 21, mother in law October 22 then my father July 23 and mother 38 days after my father. 

Everyday I struggle, my 5. 5 year relationship ended as he didn't support me during losing my parents and was screaming at me in the days following losing them. 

I feel so alone and struggle Everyday to get out bed etc.

• Sad 1

• Moderators

I am so sorry.  It's hard enough losing parents and inlaws w/o losing your relationship as well.  
I like this article because if we can focus on something positive it helps.  I lost my closest sister two years ago, I was her caregiver and we talked every day...she left a huge void in my life.  I've lost my parents and inlaws years ago.   Pretty much everyone but my kids and half my sisters.

Parent Loss: Continuing Their Song

• Members
lilstarsmum
On 4/28/2024 at 4:31 AM, Clair said:

Hi everyone I'm new.

I lost my father in law Aug 21, mother in law October 22 then my father July 23 and mother 38 days after my father. 

Everyday I struggle, my 5. 5 year relationship ended as he didn't support me during losing my parents and was screaming at me in the days following losing them. 

I feel so alone and struggle Everyday to get out bed etc.

Hello, Clair. I’m so sorry to hear about your losses. My heart ached as I read your post and wish I could give a hug. Losing special people in our lives is very hard, and the impact of such a loss is deep. The sorrow can affect us in many ways. I lost my dad seven years ago, and it still hurts. I’d suggest that you speak to a grief counselor. You may also check out the book: When You Lose Someone You Love by Richard Exley. I know it’s not easy but stay strong. Please know that you’re not alone, and we’re here to support you. Sending hugs & prayers your way.

• Like 1