Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Novels that help

Boggled

• Members
Boggled

Novels that help me just get into the book which just help, at least they've helped me:  (and these are from the female point of view because that's just .. my point of view) ... I mean, these are NOT deep novels, but they can engross the mind in mostly in a light, comforting way ... many of them are listed just by author, because these authors wrote MANY books ...

M. C. Beaton, the Agatha Raisin cozy mysteries, and also the Hamish Macbeth "Death of" series, as well as some series she wrote under the name Marion Chesney, The Poor Relation series, the Traveling Matchmaker series, 

Sue Grafton, the ABC mysteries,

Terry Pratchett, DiscWorld series,

The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett,

Patrick Carr, Staff and Sword series, Darkwater Saga series,

Dorothy Gillman, her stand-alone novels, particularly (for me) one called Uncertain Voyage, 

I read a lot of novels, have done so all my life, much as many watch television and movies, but really, WITHOUT COMMERCIALS 😏.   

Please, add to this small list!  There are sooo many books out there, this is just a beginning.