Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sincerely struggling after the loss of my sweet fur baby

Jennifer J R

• Members
Jennifer J R

I rescued my 2 furry children (beautiful, perfect, sweet and gentle male brother Bichon Frises) when they were 10 weeks old  and figured I would have them for at least 15, 16 or 17 years.

Unfortunately, my one pup Simba passed away on 3/28/2024 after a very malestressful 3 month battle with cancer at 12 years old and 7 months. My other pup Rambo seems to be OK, thank goodness but they were siblings and attached at the hip.

Although Simba was only fifteen or sixteen pounds his personality was huge, bigger than life and so individual. He was so loving, gentle, sweet, smart,and funny, he didn't have a single bad bone in his body. I could go on forever about his personality, what he loved and didnt like. His habits, his conversations with me....

It's twenty five days now and to say the grief and heartbreak are worsening is an understatement.

This pain is tremendous. The hole in my heart gaping, the tears flowing.   I can't stop looking at his pictures/videos and all of his stuff that I saved through the years.

I recently received his Ashes and made a little memorial with his fur, some teeth, clay paw prints, photos and his items. Sometimes it's hard to look and other times I need to smell his fur that I saved and look at everything. 

Every room, every corner in our home reminds me of him. The places we went the things we did.... All memories  are too painful to think about right now.

I don't know how or if I will ever get through this at this time.  I know eventually it should get easier but right now it's still so painful. 

I love these 2 boys with all my heart and since simba has passed half of my heart has been ripped away. 

I miss my baby terribly, wish I could hold him again, feel his sweet curls, kiss his forehead, snuggle up with him.

RIP my Simbalicious, mommy loves, adores and misses you 💔 🐾😭💙

Simba R.  8/24/2011💙- 3/28/2024💔

• Moderators

I am so sorry for your loss...it's the hardest thing in the world to lose one of our furries...I lost mine nearly five years ago.

I don't know how you'd feel about it, but it helped me to write my Arlie and Kitty's memories so they'd never be forgotten, and if you wanted to do that here I would surely read it.  We'd love to hear about them and his special traits.

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

• Members

It does take a lot of time. It comes in waves. I remember my grief felt like it would never end. And my heart too felt like it had literally broken. 

You will never forget him but time has a way of dulling the pain. The loss is always there, the pain thankfully, will be replaced by all the wonderful memories. Be patient. Hang in there. Come here and write a bit, that can help. 

• Hugs 1