Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Broken

chef

• Members

Last May, we left for our first real vacation since before covid.  Our first night, I received an urgent message.  After 13 years together, a brain tumor took my girl. It stands as my saddest day. This was my greatest fear...losing her when I was away. Part of me is still broken.

Fast forward to Feb 2024. Our 12 yr old boy suddenly lost weight. Tests, steroids, fluids, antibiotics...all for not. He was the sweetest boy who fuzzed his tail when he was happy. He loved and asked for hugs. He passed the day of the eclipse. Although his death was expected,  it doesn't diminish our loss. My two bathroom buddies are gone.

We have a 3 year old and a year old still with us and we love them dearly, smothering them with kisses and hugs every day. I don't know what would come of me without them.

Last night, I dreamed of my girl. I searched in apartments past. There were many black and white cats, but none were her. I kept looking and calling her name, but I couldn't find her. My day has been heavy. Sadness.

I keep my feelings close, but the unexpected loss is still hard...even almost a year later. She was my girl. I miss her so much. 

• Hugs 2