Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My heart is broken

elliej64

• Members
elliej64

I lost my beautiful tuxedo cat Teddy 6 days ago, he passed away at 02.00 he was laying on the bed beside me. He let out a heavy sigh and he was gone. Teddy was 13 years old and he had been with me for the last 6 years of his life, he was abandoned by my previous neighbors who moved away and left him behind. Ted was such a gentle, loving boy and I was truly blessed that he decided to move in with me. I am so distraught right now, feels like my heart has been ripped out of my chest.

• Sad 2

• Moderators

Oh no!  I am so sorry.  It's so hard to lose a pet, they live with us, they are such an important part of our lives.  I am so sorry you are going through this.

You can rest assured your kitty is at peace now...

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

I hope this short video brings you some comfort and peace.

• Members
elliej64

You are the only person here that has reached out to me. Thank you and the video is beautiful.

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

I'm sorry there haven't been more responses, there will be, some people don't check every day but sporadically do.  My heart goes out to you, I know how horrid it was when I lost mine.❤️

• Members
foreverhis

@elliej64 Welcome. I am so sorry you lost your sweet boy. Yet I hope it comforts your heart knowing you were with him when he left for the Rainbow Bridge.

With you, he had 6 years of love, care, and loyalty. Our animal companions live in the present, the “now,” so what you gave each other is what he took with him. That matters so much. It really does. Knowing this probably doesn’t help much right now, but I hope in time it will.

My Cosi girl was also abandoned by her previous callous owners. She was found by the landlord after renters moved out. Left behind at about 10 months old, skinny and afraid, discarded like garbage. I do not understand people who can do this.

Just as Cosi’s owners didn’t deserve this wonderful girl of mine, your neighbors didn’t deserve Teddy. You did, which is no doubt why he chose you to be his family. I was fairly certain Cosi was not the cat for me because I had been meeting with older, sedate cats and she is…not that. But I drove nearly an hour in the rain to the shelter, the most distant one in our spread out county, because I couldn’t get her out of my mind. She met me and almost instantly said (in her cat way), “There you are! You’re my family. Let’s go home.” And so we did.

In you, Teddy found the life, family, loyalty, and love he deserved. He knew. Somehow they just know when the right person comes along. You gave him the greatest gift any of us can hope to find.

We understand what it is to be gifted with the love of a special pet. We know what it is to lose that. Yet I believe the bonds we share with them can never be broken, not even in death.

You will grieve in your own way and in your own time. I hope you will come here to talk about it. I have found that over time, it does help. Sending you virtual hugs.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
elliej64

Thank you for your kind and comforting words forevehis, it means the world.

• Hugs 2

• Members

I am so sorry to hear of Teddy's passing. If there were words that would heal,  I would fill all the pages that exist. 

Please know, please remember you are not alone in grief and sadness.  

• Hugs 1