Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Exhaustion

Adriennelc

• Members
Adriennelc

What I have noticed that 6 months on from losing my Mr Wonderful I am completely shattered, wiped out and yuck. Putting one foot in front of the other is hard work. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Hugs 3

• Members

Yes, I think the emotional turmoil tires me out. Plus I do not sleep as well as I used to, often have to take pills to get the job done.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
HisMunchkin

Yes.  Very, very tired... 😌

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, shawnt said:

Yes, I think the emotional turmoil tires me out. Plus I do not sleep as well as I used to, often have to take pills to get the job done.

And no shame in that!  I used to think pills were a temporary solution to a permanent situation, took me years to accept the help, now I'm unapologetic and grateful for it!

• Like 3

• Members
WithoutHer
5 hours ago, Adriennelc said:

What I have noticed that 6 months on from losing my Mr Wonderful I am completely shattered, wiped out and yuck. Putting one foot in front of the other is hard work. Has anyone else experienced this?

Absolutely yes and still going on 14 months. I've done myself no favors either being as sedentary as I've been. But I honestly have no motivation. No interests in anything I once had and no places I care to go just to get out of the house. I have no life on my own since I lost Vickie and all the suggestions of things I should do to step forward just role off me. I'm doing what I can to get through each day and no more. Some might say well if you're not willing to help yourself... Yada.. yada.. yet it's the big hole in my life not theirs. 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
Adriennelc
7 minutes ago, WithoutHer said:

Absolutely yes and still going on 14 months. I've done myself no favors either being as sedentary as I've been. But I honestly have no motivation. No interests in anything I once had and no places I care to go just to get out of the house. I have no life on my own since I lost Vickie and all the suggestions of things I should do to step forward just role off me. I'm doing what I can to get through each day and no more. Some might say well if you're not willing to help yourself... Yada.. yada.. yet it's the big hole in my life not theirs. 

That sounds a bit like me in the first 4 months.  I crawled in and out of bed where I felt safe.  I am going out and doing things but my physical fitness is at an all time low and we all know what it's like trying to motivate to improve that............you know you should and ultimately you'll feel brighter (hopefully)
It's a mind F*** 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Members
HisMunchkin
3 minutes ago, Adriennelc said:

but my physical fitness is at an all time low

I actually think I've become more physically fit since my husband passed away.  I've had to do more walking, heavy lifting, and chores that require more strength like shoveling snow.  Stress, however, can be detrimental to your body.  Maybe being forced to move around more, that's actually helping counter balance the harm that grief and stress is doing to my body?...  Just rambling.     

• Hugs 2

• Moderators
widower2
On 4/2/2024 at 9:13 AM, Adriennelc said:

I had this odd thing where I went from completely wiped out to totally keyed up, back and forth. tbh I don't know how I made it. 

• Like 4