Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I need help

monosolo

• Members
monosolo

I lost her two months now and I cannot cope with that. Every day is worse than the one before it
I am dying slowly but I need to keep going. I have others who depend on me
I need help

• Hugs 1

• Moderators
widower2

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine a loss worse than the loss of one's own child. But as you say, you have others who depend on you, so while you'd like to just "quit" and do nothing, you don't have that option......and while it might not seem like it now, ultimately that's a good thing. They will save you and you will save them in the long run. Try to hold onto that and the memories of better times to sustain you. Meanwhile I hope this site can help in some way or other...it's a good group of people IMO who generally "get it" much more than most can. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

I can't imagine, I lost three before they were born, but not after, my heart goes out to you.

• Thanks 1

• Members
shorty16

Dear Monosolo,

My 16 year old son died in 2008.  I never thought I would survive for a day, let alone 16 years.  What helped me is not thinking of the future, but staying in the present.  Find a support group.  They will understand.  Be kind to yourself.  This is a long process.  I have learned to weave the grief into my life, because it is always with me.  
Light will appear again, but life will never be the same.  That is a hard pill to swallow.  now, all you want is your baby back.  

Colleen, Brian’s Mom 4 ever

• Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
jttaylor

I just lost my 10 year old son to an asthma attack on 3/29/24. I completely understand. I believe that we are in the right place...taking steps to heal by leaning on one another. We will be ok. So sorry for your loss. 

• Hugs 2