Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

'Growing up'

pet chipmunk

• Moderators

I'd be in a world of hurt if I couldn't drive, I live in the country, make 100-120 mile round trip drive to get groceries and gas every 2-3 weeks.

I'd have to say I did a lot of growing up myself after my husband died, at least I've learned a lot.  
Good luck to you on your driving tests!

• Like 4

• Members
Boggled
15 hours ago, Eternityhope said:

But I can do things now. So I've got a part time job and working for my driver's license... This summer I'm gonna save for a car. That's my plan. But plans do change. I will adapt and I will be okay.

Man!  Incredibly good attitude!  

• Like 4

• Members
HisMunchkin
23 hours ago, Eternityhope said:

Since losing Joe, I've thought at many times, 'It feels like I'm growing up.' I have achieved so much that I know he's proud of me. 

I lost my driver's license to child support in 2017, and ended up breaking my heel the same year and couldn't drive anyway. So, it's been 7 years since I've driven. I've gotten my reinstatements taken care of and I'm now preparing to take the written test for my permit and will be taking the driver's test also. Remember the first time you got all that? I did when I was 17. And I remember the happiness. The feeling that I was growing up. Although I was young then. Lol. I'm looking forward to that happiness... That joy I felt... It's different now but I still get that giddiness and sense of achievement. And I always feel like I'm still growing up. I have pushed myself to be doing all that I am. I want that joy. I don't want to be alone. Joe wouldn't want that for me either. I don't need anyone to take care of me. I want to feel loved... Wanted... I'm literally afraid that I could live another 40 years.

I guess what I'm saying is that I take a step everyday to improve myself, my home, anything. Perfect example is my driver's license and it's definitely a step by step... My son doesn't graduate til next year. I don't plan to stay around here after he graduates. Right now, I couldn't tell you what's going to happen. But I can do things now. So I've got a part time job and working for my driver's license... This summer I'm gonna save for a car. That's my plan. But plans do change. I will adapt and I will be okay. Everything happens for a reason, after all. 

That's so good to hear!  Best of luck to you! 💝

• Like 3

• Members
Rey Dominguez Jr

He would be proud of you!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
HisMunchkin
23 hours ago, pet chipmunk said:

The 'test' part was making me very nervous... But I kept telling myself that I've got this... Not to overthink because that never worked in the past. I did it!!

Congrats!! 🥳🎉🎈 

• Like 4