Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

A loss in the extended family

foreverhis

• Moderators

Any loss that hits us is "our loss" even if not primary.  I am so sorry for you and your sister and BIL's loss.  A neigbor lost his partner a year ago St. Patrick's Day, he has no one he can talk to about it except me.  His mom clearly doesn't understand.  I told him about our group but he's never come here.  

My heart goes out to you. ❣️

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
foreverhis

Thank you, Kay.  It is hard knowing my sister and BIL are in so much pain.  The whole family too, of course, but they're the two that are close to me.  And there have been times it's been very hard to handle the reminders, images, etc. being brought to the forefront again, but I told her that I didn't want her to hold back when she needed to just vent.  I meant it too.

• Hugs 3

• Moderators
widower2

Sorry to hear this...it's curious how a loss of someone else can hit us, either directly or as a reminder of other losses. It's great that you're there (really there) for her.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I feel the same, it's great you are there for them even if it drudges up pain for you...

• Like 3

• Moderators

That is so neat, I really miss my Sister & BIL!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
HisMunchkin
5 hours ago, foreverhis said:

There was never a question in our minds that my sister and I would always truly be there for each other. Despite our age difference, we have a strong bond and always have. I think back to the day I came home after living in Norway as an exchange student at 17. There’s a really crappy quality picture of a little girl racing out of the house toward me, arms outstretched and grin a mile wide, before tackling exhausted me (well, my legs) in the biggest hug ever. I swooped her up and held her tight. In a way, that’s our relationship to this day.

That's so sweet!....☺️🧡  Makes my heart all warm and fuzzy just reading that.

• Hugs 3