Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mom dying within a year and a half

• Members

I need some help. My mom who I am close with was told she has a year and a half left, at best. Major heart issues. I feel like I am grieving daily and she is still here. My brain will not accept it. I am super upset and scared. On top of that, I feel anger because she could have had a surgery but she refused. She thought she wouldn't survive it. But..she will not survive without it. I am trying to deal with my big feelings..worrying about my little boy..worrying about the rest of my family..including my mom. She has become toxic lately..and I have no idea how to deal with it. It's awful, though. Any words at all, thank you in advance. I am struggling a bit and would love any comfort or advice. Appreciate your time. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I am so sorry, it's very hard.  Personally with  CHILD involved I would contact human services and get them involved, do not put your child at harm's risk, your son is your first priority.  Also see about hospice.  You need to take a step back imo.

I had a mentally ill mother who was very toxic, I was there for her to the end but she had to be put into a demtia care center, it ate her house and everything but that's okay, she was cared for.

• Members

I'm truly sorry to hear about the challenging situation you're facing. It's completely understandable that you're experiencing a range of intense emotions. Dealing with a loved one's illness is never easy, and the mix of grief, fear, and anger is a heavy burden. It's crucial to prioritize your well-being during this difficult time. Seeking support, whether through friends, family, or a professional counselor, can provide a valuable outlet for your feelings. Remember to take moments for self-care, and don't hesitate to communicate openly with your mom about your emotions. It's okay to seek understanding and find a way to navigate these complex feelings together. You're not alone, and your struggles are valid. Wishing you strength and comfort as you navigate this challenging journey.

• Members

I have an aunt who passed away two years and a step father a year and six months still upset someday I am disabled and my sister keeps bugging me and my brother in law keeps bugging me and I am in a med change for more than one thing joke I am a comedienne.  Joke ...One of my meds says Succ.. ..ER  9n the pill bottle why why dies my meds anger resent me I'm a sucker and I have to pay for it...lol  just focussing on positeves and ch9colate lots of chocolate. Lol