Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I can't read all of your posts - your titles made me cry.

ImMomma

• Members
ImMomma

My husband & I have been rescuing animals for years.  I have held and sobbed over so many & witnessed some aweful things.   

I have held my own and suffered the same mental anguish.  Did I let them go too soon? Did I make them suffer too long?   What could I have done to prevent this?  Why? Why? Why?

I have lost babies & adults.  I've lost them to cancer, old age, disease, accident.   I still have regrets and always will.  

I lost two on Oct 2023 - 11 days apart.  Ive been dealing with Buddy - who adored the girls & is grieving terribly - to the point of not eating .   He is only now beginning to move past it.  

My heart has been broken & shattered so many times.  Each time I scream - sometimes silently - sometimes I scream into a pillow, on my patio at 2am.   Yes it hurts.  Love absolutely does hurt. It is devastating.  My world HAS stopped turning.  How dare other people go on with their lives!!!   

How DARE others belittle my grief because its for an animal!!

What did I do?  My sweet Gidget was 14, but she developed bloat.    I could have prevented it - couldnt I?

My precious Emma wasn't eating.  Our vet said her white blood cells were a little elevated & gave her antibiotics.   I should have known better - her twin started the same way & after having the right lobe of his liver removed and undergoing cancer treatment - he died.   I ignored Emma's symptoms because I thought she was grievig Mike.  

Emma died at an ER vet.  11 days  later, Winnie died of another kind of cancer.

I just want to tell you all  there are people who understand, and who are in your corner.  

I UNDERSTAND.  

You loved an animal & that animal LOVED YOU.  Hold on to that.  

• Hugs 1