Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lonely after the passing of my best friend

naro443

• Members

As I have stated before, my best friend of 15 years passed on July 25th last year, and he was the friend I kept in touch with most, related to most, I felt he understood me more than most people . I don't talk to my other friends every day like I did with him, schedules being different and all, which I understand . Still there is a void and a loneliness that I have been struggling to get over, it has been  hard on me and I feel I need more people to talk to

• Members
Tomas J

If you feel like, you can talk to me. Ive lost alot of friends, all in fact. Not to grief, but other stuff. We just didnt have anything in common anymore, were to different, grew apart etc.

I know the feeling of loneliness, to have noone except your closest family. But i am really really greatfull for that now. To be alone without any friends took alot of time to get over. Now I like to be alone and have become more of a lonewolf instead.

What did you and your friend like to do? What did you like to talk about or do together? :)

• Members
naro443

Yea I have lost a decent amount to growing apart also. We were both fans of rap and wrestling so we talked about those a lot. Other genres too, we loved movies and sitcoms. We talked about those things, enjoyed creative writing, we both had adhd and diabetis and stuff related on those similarities, we liked board games and stuff, bowling, minigolf, going to the mall and looking around just chilling, we basically could talk about everyday life stuff and just generally enjoyed having conversations about whatever was relevant that day. Thank you I appreciate you taking the time to listen 

• Members
Tomas J
36 minutes ago, naro443 said:

Yea I have lost a decent amount to growing apart also. We were both fans of rap and wrestling so we talked about those a lot. Other genres too, we loved movies and sitcoms. We talked about those things, enjoyed creative writing, we both had adhd and diabetis and stuff related on those similarities, we liked board games and stuff, bowling, minigolf, going to the mall and looking around just chilling, we basically could talk about everyday life stuff and just generally enjoyed having conversations about whatever was relevant that day. Thank you I appreciate you taking the time to listen 

Sounds like you had alot in common! Sounds fun. :) It reminds me of what I lost, I lost one of my uncles yesterday. We had alot in common too and could talk about nearly everything. He was very sharp and we talked alot about everything really. Alot of politics or everyday life things, everything between heaven and earth. I cant believe he´s gone yet. Its hard to loose someone you really appreciated. And its not the first time either I loose someone to grief, I also lost one of my two cousins when I was around 21. We also had alot in common, that was hard for me.

To answer your question about loneliness tho and not trying to sound like an a-hole, I personally think its something you get used too. (Eventually) If you give it time the mind will heal and find new ways to make you happy in life. Finding someone new to talk to is not always a given, but it can happen again for sure. I dont know if that is what your are after. But I think it will work out for you. One of my friends I lost to alcoholism and I was friends with for around 15 years too. He didnt die, but we had so little in common eventually, plus all the negative drinking. 

Sometimes I still miss him. Its the only friend I really miss for real.

• Thanks 1

• Members
naro443
1 hour ago, Tomas J said:

Sounds like you had alot in common! Sounds fun. :) It reminds me of what I lost, I lost one of my uncles yesterday. We had alot in common too and could talk about nearly everything. He was very sharp and we talked alot about everything really. Alot of politics or everyday life things, everything between heaven and earth. I cant believe he´s gone yet. Its hard to loose someone you really appreciated. And its not the first time either I loose someone to grief, I also lost one of my two cousins when I was around 21. We also had alot in common, that was hard for me.

To answer your question about loneliness tho and not trying to sound like an a-hole, I personally think its something you get used too. (Eventually) If you give it time the mind will heal and find new ways to make you happy in life. Finding someone new to talk to is not always a given, but it can happen again for sure. I dont know if that is what your are after. But I think it will work out for you. One of my friends I lost to alcoholism and I was friends with for around 15 years too. He didnt die, but we had so little in common eventually, plus all the negative drinking. 

Sometimes I still miss him. Its the only friend I really miss for real

Sorry to hear about your uncle. Yea it is something you get used to over time and getting to know new people you can chat with does help, keeping yourself busy and being social are things that make it easier and I agree that the rest is time

• Members
Tomas J
10 minutes ago, naro443 said:

Sorry to hear about your uncle. Yea it is something you get used to over time and getting to know new people you can chat with does help, keeping yourself busy and being social are things that make it easier and I agree that the rest is time

Then I will have to wish you all the best! :)