Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Does it feel like waves to you? Does it...

JonathanFive

• Members
JonathanFive

Does it feel like it rolls on, and rolls off?  I feel like I slip into something, it feels like a sound wave, but it's an emotion wave...

Is that what it feels like/felt like to you?   

I know this is probably a slightly bizarre question...

Does it, "roll on like a wave, and roll off for you?"   I have to know.  Is that just me?  I'm wacky

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

For me, it's more like constantly recharging an old battery. I gather the energy to make it reasonably ok through a couple of days, and then I just crash - no desire to do anything, lots of tears,  the whole nine. Then I do it all over again. And again. This doesn't feel very sustainable. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators

You are so fresh in this, none of us felt it was sustainable when we were that fresh into it.  It evolves but takes much time to do so. Trust me, I couldn't have done nearly 19 years if it didn't.

• Like 4

• Members
HisMunchkin

Yes, waves.  Sometimes the fluctuation is within a day, and sometimes it's between days.  I always start the day with a wave of anxiety.  That may or may not subside as the day goes on.  Then it's either sadness, pain, crying, more anxiety, extremely tiredness or, very infrequently, a sense of calm and peace.  Speaking of pain, I also feel muscle aches in my neck, shoulders, and upper back.  Sometimes I would just burst into tears.  I'm guessing this is normal grieving process? 

• Hugs 3

• Members
HisMunchkin
2 hours ago, Boggled said:

The vagus nerve ... Vagus nerve - Wikipedia

Amazon has books about healing the vagus nerve and ... it's related to anxiety.

Thanks!  I googled and found this: https://psychcentral.com/anxiety/vagus-nerve-cooling-anxiety#can-it-help-with-anxiety

So, ice, exercise, music, or massage might help, they say. 

• Like 4

• Members
8 minutes ago, HisMunchkin said:

So, ice, exercise, music, or massage might help, they say. 

and probably stretches;  just looking at the cover photos on some books on Amazon ... gives me some ideas.

Amazon.com: Daily Vagus Nerve Exercises: Discover the Power of Daily Habits to Enhance Your Mind, Energy, Memory, Emotions, Focus, Behaviors, and Relationships!: 9798853655867: HURLBUTT, JACKSON: Books

• Like 3