KayC

• Members
HisMunchkin

Awww.... what a sweet comic strip!  Thank you for sharing! 💖 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Watch your language!

;)  Yeah I'm fine w/this day blowing by. tbh I even forgot it was today.

• Like 3

• Members
HisMunchkin
23 hours ago, Sar123 said:

@HisMunchkin Your dog is adorable! Is that a Bichon? 

No, she's a maltipoo with a Bichon haircut. 😁

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
WithoutHer
43 minutes ago, HisMunchkin said:

No, she's a maltipoo with a Bichon haircut. 😁

My Buster is also a Maltipoo but he looks like a miniature sheep dog as his hair grows out. He's in bad need of shaving now even though I don't like removing his coat in the winter it needs done. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
HisMunchkin
2 hours ago, WithoutHer said:

My Buster is also a Maltipoo but he looks like a miniature sheep dog as his hair grows out. He's in bad need of shaving now even though I don't like removing his coat in the winter it needs done. 

Awww....  Do you have a picture of her that you can share?

• Like 3

• Moderators

I have Google Photos on my laptop and can then move them to my phone but haven't found an easier way to do it yet.  I gave up on one yesterday, think I put it in a different place.  I'm not very phone savvy yet.

• Like 3

• Members

@KayC I have no idea how to put a photo on here. Can you give me instructions on how to do it? 

@HisMunchkin My friend has a Bichon and your dog looks similar to hers which is why I thought that. She is a cutie. I’ve been thinking of getting a companion dog for my rescue dog since he doesn’t know how to socialize. He got kicked out of an indoor dog park because he wasn’t socializing with the other dogs-  it was the reason why my daughter brought him to one. Anyway, my sister thinks getting another dog would help. He’s not aggressive at all- he’s very sweet, but doesn’t know how to play with toys or other dogs. How big is your Malti-poo? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

choosefiles.png.82a06873b1741719483e6567a1cd8086.png

See this at the bottom of the page when you first start to respond?  Here, you get it from your computer, I'm clueless about my phone, still playing with it.

• Like 3

• Members
HisMunchkin
7 hours ago, Sar123 said:

He got kicked out of an indoor dog park because he wasn’t socializing with the other dogs-

😥

Anyway, my sister thinks getting another dog would help. He’s not aggressive at all- he’s very sweet, but doesn’t know how to play with toys or other dogs.

Is he afraid of other dogs?  My dog is afraid of other dogs.  What does he like to do?

How big is your Malti-poo? 

Under 8lbs.  About the size of a large loaf of bread.

For those who might be having problems transfering photos from your phone to the computer, maybe try using a USB wire thing (I think that's what they're called)?  That's how I do it.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Yep, I have one on my old fashioned camera. 

• Like 3

• Members

@KayCThanks! I use my iPad. It does work with “choose files.” I wanted to take a picture of my dog to put on here, but he’s sleeping right now. It should work when I get a picture taken of him eventually. Now I want to see if I can actually do it:)

@HisMunchkin  He’s not afraid of other dogs. He just doesn’t know how to interact with them. He was used for breeding and I think he was locked in a crate most of the time. He didn’t know how to go down steps when I got him, but after working with him for 4 months, he can now. Fortunately he’s treat motivated. He weighs 30 lbs snd it was hard on my back to keep carrying him down the deck steps. He doesn’t like walking either. He has a bad association with a leash and refuses to walk on one. I’ll work on that when it gets warmer out. I like the size of your malti-poo. She would be much easier to carry at 8 lbs. Dogs are good companions:)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Take one of him sleeping! You can add another later.

• Like 3

• Members
HisMunchkin
14 hours ago, Sar123 said:

He’s not afraid of other dogs. He just doesn’t know how to interact with them. He was used for breeding and I think he was locked in a crate most of the time. He didn’t know how to go down steps when I got him, but after working with him for 4 months, he can now. Fortunately he’s treat motivated. He weighs 30 lbs snd it was hard on my back to keep carrying him down the deck steps. He doesn’t like walking either. He has a bad association with a leash and refuses to walk on one.

That's so sad!  😭😭😭

14 hours ago, KayC said:

Take one of him sleeping! You can add another later.

Ya, that! 😃

23 minutes ago, foreverhis said:

Here’s one that always makes me smile. I think it’s so true. I see it in Cosi’s eyes and Raleigh’s too.

LOL!!!!  Love the comic! 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

@KayC @HisMunchkin Every time I try to put a photo of my dog on here, it says the file is too large and exceeds the limit of 500 kB. I’m not sure what to do next or is it time to just give up. I’m not good with technology unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
foreverhis

@Sar123  Do you have a regular photo editing program or do you have one that came as a default with your computer (e.g., Microsoft Photos or Apple Photos)?

If you have a stand alone program like Photoshop or Paint or Paint Shop or similar, open that, select the photo you want, find "Resize" on the drop down or program menus and choose a smaller size.  This can be simple like selecting "Small" or "Medium" or more complex like actually changing the pixel total.  Either way, you will then save the changes as a separate file.  For example, if the original is named "Dog," you'd save the changes as "Dog 2."  That way the original is untouched, but you have a smaller version to upload here or wherever.

If you have a default program, go to your pictures, open the one you want, and either it will come up automatically in the default program or you will be able to choose that as an option.  In either case, once in the program, hunt around the Menus, specifically look for Edit or Resize, and follow whatever directions are there to make it smaller.  And then save the changed version as "Dog 2."

If the picture is on an iPhone, you can do what I've done in a pinch:  Email it to yourself.  When you go to "Send," the iPhone email comes up with a list of size names that also show the exact size the file will be when sent.  Choose a smaller one, send it, open the email, save the small version, and then upload that here.  This may work on Android phones, but I don't know.

Hope that helps a bit.

• Like 4

• Members
HisMunchkin
18 minutes ago, Sar123 said:

@foreverhis Thanks:)

Here’s my little rescue dog, Monty

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!  He's precious!!!!!!! 😍💕  Thank you so much for sharing!!!

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sar123 said:

@KayC @HisMunchkin Every time I try to put a photo of my dog on here, it says the file is too large and exceeds the limit of 500 kB. I’m not sure what to do next or is it time to just give up. I’m not good with technology unfortunately. 

I use paint to make it smaller, comes with windows and easy to use, just look at the top of the page and make it 40% or whatever making sure it doesn't exceed what they allow.

46 minutes ago, Sar123 said:

@foreverhis Thanks:)

Here’s my little rescue dog, Monty

A8794232-98DB-4F5A-88FE-068AB1A2500C.jpeg.webp.1dfa6123667507ca09f79642f3301bd2.webp

OMG, what a sweetie!  So cute!

• Like 4

• Members
foreverhis

@Sar123  My pleasure.  Happy to help.

And what an absolute cutie! So adorable.

• Like 4

• Members
foreverhis

@widower2  Love it!  Those eyes...yes, I'm familiar with those kind of eyes because Raleigh has them.  Wonderful markings and great ears too.  I'm glad you posted this.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Oh  don't get me started on those sad puppy eyes, he worked that big time...every day I'd go to work and turn around to close the door and say "OK bud see you when I get back" he'd work that look and it killed me every time. Figures that after I put him down covid hit and then I was working from home every day. He'd be loving this. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
HisMunchkin
11 hours ago, widower2 said:

Well y'all have me reminiscing of my sweet but entirely crazy best bud who I had to put down 5+ yrs ago (I can't believe it's been so long), so FWIW:

I'm so sorry that he's gone. 🥺  He was so cute!!!!! 🥰

2 hours ago, KayC said:

Kodie is a master at begging with those little eyes!  It takes a cold heart to tell him no but sometimes I have to do it.  He can't live on treats.  Here he's looking at the treat jar waiting for me to get him one.  He can barely see over the table!

AWWWWWWWW........ 😍  So, so cute!!!  Is he an Alaskan Klee Kai?   

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HisMunchkin said:

Is he an Alaskan Klee Kai?   

Yes, for those who don't know, they're a miniature Husky, they started breeding them in 1984 with American Eskimos for the stature, and what they got is a very sweet compliant dog, yet still willful like a Husky, in that they pull hard.  That is part of their nature and no amount of Halti's will change that but he has come a ways as we no longer use a Halti.  They LOVE cold weather and snow!  Kodie will fling himself down on the ground, close his eyes, like he's in ecstasy and scoot, savoring every inch of the snow!  He's literally self trained and registered as a service dog, so he accompanies me everywhere, church (on the platform), dentist, mamograms, grocery store, etc.  He's an amazing dog and great company.  Perfect inside the house!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
HisMunchkin
1 hour ago, KayC said:

Yes, for those who don't know, they're a miniature Husky, they started breeding them in 1984 with American Eskimos for the stature, and what they got is a very sweet compliant dog, yet still willful like a Husky, in that they pull hard.  That is part of their nature and no amount of Halti's will change that but he has come a ways as we no longer use a Halti.  They LOVE cold weather and snow!  Kodie will fling himself down on the ground, close his eyes, like he's in ecstasy and scoot, savoring every inch of the snow!  He's literally self trained and registered as a service dog, so he accompanies me everywhere, church (on the platform), dentist, mamograms, grocery store, etc.  He's an amazing dog and great company.  Perfect inside the house!

And super cute!! 🥰  You're so lucky that you can bring him anywhere.  I had an Alaskan Malamute when I was a kid.  He was very energetic and was hard to train, but he was sooooooooooo sweet!  Kodie looks like mini version of him.  Does he get a fluffy winter coat too? 

• Like 3

• Moderators

His coat is pretty much the same year around.

• Like 3

• Moderators

He gets so many treats I hope he doesn't gain weight from them!

• Like 3

• Members
HisMunchkin
On 2/14/2024 at 3:36 PM, foreverhis said:

Edited to add:  I was so amused by my girl's attitude that night that I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and took this picture.  She is so expressive.:D

😍  She looks like she's thinking, "Why are you pointing that thing at me?   *suspicious, and a little annoyed* "

• Haha 3

• Members
HisMunchkin
7 minutes ago, AJ4 said:

Here are some of my pups:  

Some?  You mean you have more? 🥰  They are beautiful!  Were they looking at a giant burger?

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Hey folks, seeing how Valentines Day is over and some folks would just as soon not see the topic of Valentines Day keep popping up, closing the thread down - but the pet pics are great, do feel free to start up a pet thread :) 

• Like 3