Weird one

Adriennelc

• Moderators

Beautiful, sums up how we all feel...

• Like 2

• Members
WithoutHer
17 minutes ago, Sim7079 said:

mainly existing and deffo not living as I once was.

@Sim7079 I'm right there with you on not living as before. No place I care to go. No one out there to go see. Nothing I really care to do any more. Without Vickie my world, except carring for our critters, is a world of one alone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
Rey Dominguez Jr
11 hours ago, WithoutHer said:

No place I care to go. No one out there to go see. Nothing I really care to do any more.

I know the feeling.  As I was wiping the kitchen for the night, the thought came to me that I have had before, that I am not the center of anyone’s life anymore, and no one is the center of my life like Veronica was.  I was invited to a ship’s crew reunion in Las Vegas this week.  Told them I could not go without Veronica, not ready to do that yet.  She really enjoyed those reunions and I felt it wrong to attend without her.  

Our son invited me to go see “Dune 2” in the movie theater.  Had to say “no, thanks.”  Had to explain that Veronica and I always went together, and I am not ready to do that either.  He understood.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

I am not the center of anyone’s life anymore, and no one is the center of my life like Veronica was.

That is one of the toughest parts to get used to.  Even years later, it's hard to not have someone to talk over your day with, have anyone leave the garage light on for you, or someone else to help you shovel the snow, build the fire, heat dinner and then cuddle with after the day is done.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
widow39
On 2/3/2024 at 9:49 AM, Adriennelc said:

This morning I sat down to breakfast and wrote this.  I am no writer or poet but it flowed out of me and it is exactly how I feel nearly 5 months down the line from losing my Mr Wonderful.

Emergence

The kitchen stands quiet

One cup and one plate stand there despondently

The kitchen stands quiet

Another day beckons

You lie in bed not wanting or caring

You struggle to propel yourself into the reality of it all

Another day beckons

Sitting in my chair

I watch the rain slide down the window

I eat my toast, I drink my coffee

The silence is deafening

Reality is stark

Sitting in my chair

The afternoon drifts in

So much to do but…………………

The phone rings - friends

‘Yes I’m great, doing really well’ I say

I’m silently screaming ‘I just want him back’

My head won’t shut up

I need solace

The afternoon drifts on

Choose life to honour him, don’t wait

More friends ring, invites arrive

Spring is approaching with new life all around

His garden is growing, His fruit trees are in full bud

His fences still stand pointing to the sky

His tractor still in the shed with all his tools

His whole lifetime surrounds me with memories

His love envelopes me

I choose life to honour him and I’m not waiting.

Oh that is beautiful. I have my husband's tractor too. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
widow39
7 hours ago, JonathanFive said:

The very second I start to think about, "what is gone."   No more kisses, no more snuggles, no more laughs, no more private language, no more tv watching together, no more "I love you's."  No more, no more, no more etc.

I have these horrible anxieties and fears just rise to the surface.

But if I think about how we shared it, even if we no longer share it here on earth.  I begin to calm down, and accept that all aspects of life are not permanent.  And we get the cards we are dealt.   Sad or as joyous as that can be for us - often it is a matter of how we look at things

What is gone.....we mourn the loss of so many different aspects of our prior life. Forced to  accept that this is what life is now. I am glad that you are able to put a positive spin on it

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
JonathanFive

It has been the 90 darkest, most difficult days of my entire life, don't get me wrong.   Everyday I cry, and hurt, and today is no difference.  I am just saying, I would loose my mind if my focus shifted to what I've lost.

I can't even fathom it.   I lost my absolutely everything.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

I had a widow tell me to go from being a pair, a team, a partnership to being one. The trick to surviving it is to learn how to be one without becoming none.

I don't know if I understood but I think it was a warning about becoming lost in my grief and spending all my energy counting what was lost and forgetting to enjoy the sun on my face(if and when it shows up)

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Count our joys at the end of the day until we learn to recognize them as they come.

• Like 3

• Members
Adriennelc
48 minutes ago, KayC said:

Count our joys at the end of the day until we learn to recognize them as they come.

I like that.😁

• Like 2