Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mom and dad in 2022

Sueswats

• Members

Hey, it’s not a fresh loss, but I realize today I have not really dealt with the last couple of years.

Hey, it’s not a fresh loss but I realize today I have not really dealt with the last couple of years.

My mom and dad were separated from each other in the same facility in May 2020I thought for them to be reunited, which was accomplished in January. Of 2021. Those were very vulnerable and struggle during the time of separation and I became very involved with making sure that they were OK during the crazy time of pandemic.

Of 2021. Those were very vulnerable and struggle during the time of separation and I became very involved with making sure that they were OK during the crazy time of pandemic.

I was the POA and caregiver. It took my mom almost 6 months to recover from what I call solitary confinement. my dad’s health was beginning to physically decline. In December 2022 they were threatened with having to move back to the health center where my mom spent her time in solitary confinement. The weekend of January 11 my mom crawled into bed and said she would not go to the health center. She died three days later. Now to deal with my dad. They made him move to the health center which was horrific. After three weeks, I thought to get him out of there and into a new place. Very disoriented without his wife, he struggled and I continue to be there every day. My dad and I had always been very close. August 15 of 2022 he took his last breath. I cried and was comforted by friends but, I realize at this point that I have not really dealt with feeling so untethered and grieving their loss. It seems unnatural to be in a situation full of so much grief after so much time  but it’s where I am. 
Knowing that I never participated in a grief group, I’m wondering if this one might help. I miss them terribly and feel untethered. I have two living sisters, but no relationship with either one. Our relationship that was already fractured took a horrible blow when my parents passed.

Looking for anything that might help me go forward. 
sue

• Hugs 1

• Members
46 minutes ago, KayC said:

I am so sorry for your losses.
Parent Loss: Continuing Their Song

Thanks. It just really hit me hard today and I realized I have never gone through any process with grief especially with my mom because my dad was in need.

• Hugs 1