Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How my partner passed

JonathanFive

• Members
11 hours ago, Sar123 said:

I’ve read about people dying from fentanyl overdoses, but I have not read accounts from their loved ones. It must have been so hard to have this happen to your partners/husbands/soulmates.  I am so sorry for your losses. 

"She lost her son to fentanyl and she said something like, "it taught me that you cannot save anyone." (close, but paraphrased) "  

on the other hand, as far as saving people, getting on this site is highly comforting to me for some reason or other.  why?  I don't know, except it's "the congregation."   but I know both of you TRIED to the best of your ability to get THEM to stop.  

I personally also think that "your drug of choice being laced with fentanyl" is sooo wrong and evil.

• Like 4

• Members
Griefsucks810
3 hours ago, Boggled said:

"She lost her son to fentanyl and she said something like, "it taught me that you cannot save anyone." (close, but paraphrased) "  

on the other hand, as far as saving people, getting on this site is highly comforting to me for some reason or other.  why?  I don't know, except it's "the congregation."   but I know both of you TRIED to the best of your ability to get THEM to stop.  

I personally also think that "your drug of choice being laced with fentanyl" is sooo wrong and evil.

I strongly agree with you that it’s so wrong and evil to intentionally lace a person’s drug  of choice with fentanyl.  There are fake opioid pills and Xanax pills also being laced with fentanyl. 

• Like 3

• Members
JonathanFive

I can't think about all the wrongs, it will drive me crazy.  All I can think is, "I love him so much, thank God he is out of pain."  Every night I pray God watches over his soul, and protects him, and I hope we are reunited someday.

So many wrongs in this world...

• Hugs 3

• Members
Griefsucks810
7 hours ago, JonathanFive said:

I can't think about all the wrongs, it will drive me crazy.  All I can think is, "I love him so much, thank God he is out of pain."  Every night I pray God watches over his soul, and protects him, and I hope we are reunited someday.

So many wrongs in this world...

When you think of him remember all of the good as well as the bad cuz to love him is to love all of him - the good, the bad and the ugly.   I am also thankful to God that my husband is out of pain.  I’m sure that his soul is at peace and someday we will both be reunited with our spouses.

• Like 4

• Members
Griefsucks810
1 hour ago, foreverhis said:

pain, some fear, and distress having fought as hard as he could to

1 hour ago, foreverhis said:

Yes, sometimes that's a thought we have to keep in our hearts to comfort us when we're in the depths of grieving.

I'd give anything to have my husband John with us still, but not at the cost of his quality of life.  It would be supremely selfish and cruel to "wish" him back as he was at the end of his life, in severe pain, some fear, and distress having fought as hard as he could to beat his cancer.  I wouldn't want that for him or for anyone. 

I keep faith that there are so many things in this vast, mysterious, glorious universe of ours that our human minds simply cannot fathom or understand.  John and I believe there is a life and a world beyond this one.  In my heart of hearts, I know he is there, where it's beautiful, peaceful, and filled with love.  And I hope so much that when it's my time, he will be there with a loving heart and open arms.

I also share your view that there is a life and a world beyond this one where it’s  beautiful, peaceful and filled with love. I also hope that when it’s my time he will be there with open arms.  

22 hours ago, Sar123 said:

@JonathanFive @Griefsucks810 Thank you for sharing your heartbreaking stories. I’ve read about people dying from fentanyl overdoses, but I have not read accounts from their loved ones. It must have been so hard to have this happen to your partners/husbands/soulmates.  I am so sorry for your losses. 

Thank you for your condolences. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Griefsucks810 said:

Thank you for not passing judgment on me cuz my husband was a heroin addict.

Of course not, why would we!  I prefer not to share about my husband's challenging places as I've dealt with that and gotten past it.  I think in another thread you said it's important to accept all of them, I agree, it took a while but I did it.  He was a sweetheart of a man that loved me wholeheartedly and that's what I keep in the foremost of my mind.  

• Hugs 3

• Members

So sorry to read of your losses to overdose.  It really is a problem. Seems there is always someone we know and love that has gotten caught in the addiction.  This April  will be 10 years that I lost my cousin to an overdose, and I do believe fentanyl was involved.  It was years of hell. She had suffered a brain injury and after she recovered, she started abusing the medications prescribed to her.  She hid her addiction for years, hiding behind this or that being wrong with her. I was easily manipulated. She lived next to me for a time, and I took every pill out of her possession and gave her what she needed each morning.  This worked well, but only up until 30 days when the script(s) needed to be refilled.  She would have someone else take her and then complete refusal to hand them over.  I went to Dr.s visits with her.  One of them knew she was abusing yet he still wrote that script!  I was called the ER once and saw her strapped to the bed. The nurse asked does your cousin take a lot of opioids?  Finally, she moved away after I told her I was done.  I even stopped communicating with her children.  If I had kept in touch with them, she would have used them to get back on good terms with me.  That day was the last I spoke to her.  I remember telling my husband when they were pulling away that the next time I see her will be in a coffin.  Sure enough my father (her uncle) died in late January and no phone call no nothing. Two months later she was gone. When my Aunt called I was not even shocked. I knew it.

.  It's so sad.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

• Members

@Griefsucks810 I look at addiction as a chronic illness like diabetes or asthma- they don't just disappear. You have to learn to live with and control the condition/illness. There are also different levels as in mild, moderate and severe. People with diabetes learn what they can and can’t eat. If they don’t take their insulin and eat all the wrong foods, they can go into a diabetic coma. Yes, this does happen- I’ve seen it.  I do believe addiction is similar to a chronic illness and that it can be mild, moderate or severe.

I wish there wasn’t a stigma with addiction. It really is a chronic illness just like depression is too. It’s just not a physical illness. My mother was bipolar/manic depressive and it was in the severe category. I grew up in a small town so everyone knew you. Kids would whisper and say my mom was crazy. Mental illness has a stigma too. People seem to have a hard time understanding it. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1