Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How to help the final cat feel good/comfortable?

lasttogo

• Members

Our cat had several cat friends and now she's all alone.

She seems bored mostly, sometimes frustrated and maybe she's looking for her friends sometimes. Early last year her original friend died, about the age she's now, one of two she preferred being with most. She took it surprisingly well, later that year one of her "kittens" (adult) died. and now she seems bored and occasionally very frustrated. They didn't go especially well together, but she's never been alone and I think they enjoyed each others company in some strange way.

We play with her and cuddle, but we also work and are both worn down mentally by life. We do not want another cat or any type of pet. On the other hand she's 15 and very healthy according to the vet.

How can we enrich her day to day life as much as possible?

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

I had a cat that lived to 25 1/2, I never expected it, but a cat that age doesn't require much other than some loving.  Try to change your mindset about wanting her, she is yours, love her.

• Members
On 1/30/2024 at 5:36 PM, KayC said:

I had a cat that lived to 25 1/2, I never expected it, but a cat that age doesn't require much other than some loving.  Try to change your mindset about wanting her, she is yours, love her.

Superior genetics is not always a good thing. If she shares your cats longevity she truly has drawn the shortest straw.

• Moderators

????  No clue how you view this!  I am glad she lived as long as she did!

• Members
On 2/2/2024 at 10:10 PM, KayC said:

????  No clue how you view this!  I am glad she lived as long as she did!

I get that. I meant my cat, who does not have useful pet parents. I want her to be somewhat happy and well fed until she goes.

• Moderators

I still don't get what you're saying.  Are you not your cat's parent? How do you view yourself as not useful to her?