Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New beginnings

April Ballou

• Members
April Ballou

Hello it's been a while since I have posted anything on here.  As time went by I found myself not needing this site as much.  During my lifetime I have lost alot of people,  so many have died.  Grandparents,  my mother, a brother, aunts, uncles, cousins, but the one that brought me to this site was my husband.   His name, Darrell,  we were married  38 years.   On September 7, 2020 he left this earth.  And my life turned upside down.  I didn't know what to do, didn't know who I was.  I think I cried for three to six months, but only when I was alone.  Which was most of the time.  Only went to church and bought groceries.  Well it's coming up on four years since Darrell died.   And Sunday evening I took off my wedding rings.  I have them in my jewelry box.  Not sure what I'm going to do with them but for now they stay there.  At my church one of my pastors said more in 2024.  So I prayed for more.  It was time for a new beginning.   Will never stop loving Darrell,  will never forget him.  He is the father of my two children,  and grandfather of my five grandchildren.   Nothing will ever change that.  But I believe this is my step to closure.  @KayC, I'm doing good.   Thanks for being there for me during my journey.   

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators

I had mine resized.  Then I lost weight, so they're off again.  I have them in a crystal heart shaped dish where I can see them every day.

Good to hear from you again!  Wishing you well...

• Like 2

• Members
April Ballou
1 hour ago, KayC said:

I had mine resized.  Then I lost weight, so they're off again.  I have them in a crystal heart shaped dish where I can see them every day.

Good to hear from you again!  Wishing you well...

That's partly why I took my rings off.  I lost weight and now they are too big.  But I have been praying and asking for guidance and I feel good about taking them off.  Thanks for your well wishes.  And thanks for being a friend. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
HisMunchkin

Hello!  I'm new.  Nice to "meet" you.  I'm still wearing mine, and have his on my bracelet. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
April Ballou

Hello @HisMunchkin,  sorry for your loss.  It took me a while.  It's been almost four years since my husband died.  It's nice meeting you too.

• Like 2

• Members
HisMunchkin
7 minutes ago, April Ballou said:

Hello @HisMunchkin,  sorry for your loss.  It took me a while.  It's been almost four years since my husband died.  It's nice meeting you too.

Thank you.  It's good to hear that you sound like you are moving forward.  At my stage, I often wonder if it's possible to do so.  Hearing from people like you gives me hope and relief. 💝

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
April Ballou

@HisMunchkin,  How long has it been?   I don't know who in your life has passed away.  I would like to hear about your journey. 

• Like 2

• Members
HisMunchkin
On 1/27/2024 at 7:45 AM, April Ballou said:

@HisMunchkin,  How long has it been? I don't know who in your life has passed away.  I would like to hear about your journey. 

My husband passed away less than 2 months ago.  And no, I'm not religious, but I respect those who are.  I introduced myself here:

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members
April Ballou

@HisMunchkin that's said to hear about your husband.  If you would like I can give you my email.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1