Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dreams of *some* deceased loved ones

Route6Dee6

• Members
Route6Dee6

New here, first time posting.

This question has been burning within me for years and I cannot find any real answer and hoping someone might be able to shed some light or have some input.

When I was 12 my grandmother passed away. My grandmother was very very religious. Born again. She used to pray over me when i was little (which scared me). Anyway, she fell ill on Xmas day and on Easter, she died. Talk about being religious! 

Now about 5 years later (I was maybe 16 or 17), I had a dream. Short one. The phone rings, my mom answers it, she said "it's for you". I take the phone and say "hello?" The voice on the other end says... Hi, it's your Meme, I just wanted to wish you a Happy Easter. That was the extent of the dream. I've never forgotten it. I'm now 57. Weird tho... that was the one and ONLY dream I ever had of my very religious grandmother.

I dream about my deceased friends and other family members all the time. The first dog I ever had comes to visit me all the time. Those dreams are dead set real feeling it's so creepy. I dream of hugging deceased family members but never ever dream about my grandmother. 

Can anyone enlighten me as to why that would be?

A smidge about me.  I am not religious at all. I'm an atheist but I do believe in the spiritual realm of things. I do believe that we have energy/souls and I do believe we get reincarnated, or our energy/souls get recycled into any new type of birth on this planet. Whether it be another human or an animal of any type.

Thanks for listening.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Putting aside any spiritual or religious  views, you may find something in medical books.  The brain is amazing from a physiological stand point.  A smell,  a pattern in falling leaves, a simple sound may trigger something in the brain that changes firing neurons  or releases seratonin and that can create a dream associated with those things.  The beliefs of our family has influence on us, even if we don't believe the same way.   

I doubt there is one right answer.   But there may be some things that will resonate with you in the medical direction.  

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Route6Dee6 said:

Can anyone enlighten me as to why that would be?

It could be just more or less random mental static, which I suspect is all dreams are.