Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a friend

Bellagirl23

• Members
Bellagirl23

I am looking for people to chat with about this topic or a group that is happening. I recently lost one of my closest friends who I chat with everyday. Someone who was more like family. I feel such a void and it would be helpful to talk to others. 
thank you

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I relate,  I lost a friend of mine late July,  he was the friend I spoke to most and we pretty much communicated daily and he too was like my brother,  he went to high school in the town next to where I did but i got to know him in community College and we were inseparable for like 15 years, he became more of a brother than anything and was there for every holiday and special occasion with me family,after the shock of his sudden passing I developed friendship anxiety because my other friends are not ones I speak to daily,  I don't fault them, we have different schedules it's life but I've been feeling a void and adhd makes me talkative and now there isn't always someone to talk to available that relates in the same way and 6 months later I haven't gotten over that.  I'm sorry for the late reply I just registered.  

• Hugs 1

• Members

I have lost many f4iends to death and other things I like to tell jokes to get thru things lately I have had heart issues do the meds have made me gain weight so I am also swelling from the meds but mostly I am sure that my sons and my hubby love me. I also getits of calls from my dad and sone of my inlaws. I know in my heart my family hopes I do better and I think they want me to live. 

• Like 2

• Members
Maeve64

I lost my best friend of 26 years unexpectedly almost two years ago She and I spoke just about every day. I loved her like a sister. Like I said it was very unexpected and I’ve struggled with loneliness a lot lately. Shortly after she died. The man I was engaged to and who I had moved away with to settle into retirement left me saying I could t love him the way he needed to be loved and that it got worse after my friends death. That was it. No other explanation or attempt to work on the relationship. So now I am retired, living somewhere else where I have no real connection and missing my friend so much. Just wishing I could get to the other side of this. 

• Hugs 1