Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost My Brother on Christmas Day

Nikisha

• Members

My brother was hospitalized on December 17th, suffered a stroke on both sides of his brain. He was in ICU, but died on Christmas Day at the age of 54.

We were close and also born on the same day, just seven years apart. I don’t know how to live without him, this is too much. I feel overwhelmed. 

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

I lost mty older sister, the one I was closest to, 1 1/2 years ago, it's very hard.  I keep wanting to call her or take her lunch...I was her caregiver, she had disability and dementia.

My heart goes out to you in your loss.

• Thanks 1

• Members

Thanks, I was his caregiver also even when he was in and out of the hospital. This is incredibly hard. I’m also sorry for the loss of your sister. 

• Hugs 1

• Members
Lisa Rose1
On 1/4/2024 at 7:48 PM, Nikisha said:

My brother was hospitalized on December 17th, suffered a stroke on both sides of his brain. He was in ICU, but died on Christmas Day at the age of 54.

We were close and also born on the same day, just seven years apart. I don’t know how to live without him, this is too much. I feel overwhelmed. 

My sister is dying and I feel the same way.  I don’t know how to live without her.  Hang in there 

• Hugs 1