Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Struggling

becaboo74

• Members

I lost my dad two months ago to cancer and I helped care for him for the last 5 months of his life.  All my siblings are step sisters so I'm dad's only girl,  we were really close. 

Since his passing om finding it hard to even want to get out of bed,  even wash or bathe.  I use to be houseproud, tho haven't lifted a duster since.

I really struggling to be around my mum,  I wasn't there at the end because of her and she's become so demanding on my and my sisters lives, which I resent.  Is it so wrong to not want to be close to my mother? I feel I just need time out from everyone for a while. 

• Members
Daddys girl kw

hey girl 🩷

i feel you .. i lost my dad 23/5/2022 it gets different not easier , i’m so sorry for your loss, may your dad rest in peace, yes mom got demanding after dad’s passing, but i understood her she’s in shock afraid of another loss and crave closeness, please let her down gently by explaining your grief and how it’s difficult for you too .. i hope you will find peace in your heart , if your waiting for motivation to do chores it will never happen, you just got to push yourself to get up and do what needed to be done , i found out house deep cleaning is soothing mentally specially when grief resurfaces , my dear don’t be hard on yourself and accept that what you went through will change parts of your personality forever, embrace change this is a new chapter of your life journey, hopefully it’ll be filled with blessings and happiness 🩷