Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

"I survived Christmas" club

widower2

• Moderators

Glad for whatever positive anyone could get out of the holiday. Kay, I'm so sorry about recent events, but glad you managed to have some positives as well. I'm just exhausted from it all between the travel and stress etc. Please let the next 11 months go slow! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Adriennelc
2 hours ago, Sim7079 said:

So sorry @Adriennelc for your loss. There is no pain like it. I sent a hug back in January.  The special days and occasions are the hardest. Most of us here take it one day at a time.  At over 2 & half years of losing my husband, love of my life & best friend I still have days when I don’t get out of bed. I’m just pushing through the best I can. On the good days I do generally normal things go to work, visit, chat to friends on the phone, shop, go for a walk, cook, etc.

On a bad day or weeks as sometimes it takes longer to get back on track, I would cry most days, not go into the office for work & stay in bed.

It’s a journey so do what you need at that time, but hoping you have friends and family that can support and pick you up, or things that you enjoy that can bring you back up when needed.

Thank you for that.  I am actually doing really well now (at least I think I am).  I'm firing myself out of bed and starting the days at respectable times!!
Lots planned for the coming year and I am now looking forward 80% of the time - the other 20%?  Well it's a hit of a miss or a day in bed.  Things make me cry very easily but it's not for long now.  The rocking back and forth, screaming at him for leaving me has now pretty much gone.  I am not saying it won't come back!!
I'm sorry you are on here too but it's contributions like yours that really help newbies like me so thank you for taking the time to reach out to me. xx

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 3