Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Good book

KennyW

• Members

Hope this helps someone. That is my goal to deal with grief and to help someone if i can. 

I was told about an excellent website and book that helps explain life after death form a scientific point of view. This is not an advertisment nor am i trying to sell it. Just a resource i find very helpful. When my Dad died I started asing questions like is there life after death, what happens after we die, I wish I found this book sooner.

I hope this is ok post. Just a resorce I find helpful.

https://www.victorzammit.com/

• Members

One more book to read!  But thank you.  

I've become convinced of the "afterlife" idea by a book called Afterlife Revealed by Michael Tymn.  Mainly, that one relies on mediumistic experiences, but how mediums can know intimate details and report them to those who know the person whose spirit they have purportedly contacted, other than receiving communication from "spirits," is ... well, pretty much convincing ... to me.

The latest thing I've been thinking ... as per another book -- Real Magic, by Dean Rabin ... in which he makes the case for humans being electromagnetic beings ... is ... what happens when a person we loved is no longer there?  First I was conceiving it as wires -- that used to connect to the other person's wires.  But then thinking about this idea of humans being electromagnetic beings, when our loved person dies and is no longer embodied on earth, it's not WIRES that interconnected between us and the deceased;  it's electromagnetism.  Kind of like the (very pretty, I think) picture about halfway down the page, of connection between two people, here:  We are electromagnetic beings – Phuro! (phurobeinspired.com)

anyhoo, when our loved one dies, seems to me our entire interconnected electromagnetic system is (insofar as it is of this physical world) cut in half?   and then our whole electromagnetic system has to reintegrate back (at least in this physical world) from being interconnected (for many years oftentimes) to being a whole again in itself???   

• Members

Amazing the different perspective you get from a scientific point of view

• Like 1

• Members

I think ... there was an electromagnetic connection between me and Steve;  what I WONDER is, does it still connect through "the veil" between this world and the afterlife?

Is that where this sensation of losing HALF of "me" comes from?  If I imagine the electromagnetic linkage as imaged above, with those lines of connection cut in half, then those lines of connection get broken?  and as broken lines that are still reaching out for the familiar and lovely connection, they hurt?  And ... as time in this world passes, those broken connection lines have to re-form back into our "self?"

From the "Phuro!" link above:

"The heart is the most powerful source of electromagnetic energy in the human body, producing the largest rhythmic electromagnetic field of any of the body’s organs. The heart’s electrical field is about 60 times greater in amplitude than the electrical activity generated by the brain."

and so the heart with its much stronger electrical field, is quite possibly where those (possible) electromagnetic lines of connection come from, which could be why I've been feeling it HELPS to just hold both hands over my heart?  (that does seem to help, for me!)

• Members
49 minutes ago, KennyW said:

Amazing the different perspective you get from a scientific point of view

KennyW, I've been exploring that link you posted.  My husband Steve was a ham radio operator, so to me, the "voice communications" mentioned in the lawyer link are particularly of interest, because from what I've been reading, one of the qualities of the afterlife is that they are on a higher frequency, and ham radio enthusiasts would zero-in on THAT idea right off the bat ... they call it "IVP" or "EVP" (electronic voice phenomena);  yesterday I got on a website (and can't find it now) where they had a copy of what they call the sound of a "choir" that ended all of the radio communications this guy did;  it was pretty amazing. 

that particular researcher (somewhere in Europe) used an old valve radio ... HA!  found the link!!!   the "choir sound" on this page (about 3/4 down) is interesting!  the radio operator IVP researcher's name was Marcello Bacci,    The Instrumental Transcommunication Work Of Marcello Bacci – ATransC

• Members

Regardless of all the reading and searching and all the proofs and videos and recordings and theorizing ... I still wake up every morning thinking of my husband and MISSING him and I've still been crying though not with the PAIN I felt in the early months.  

I edited that image I'd posted earlier ... 

I wonder ... were we both living in that in-between-us aura-ish, quite beautiful, "thing" that was the combination of both of us?   Can't know.   CAN'T KNOW.

What I CAN KNOW is that it existed, and it still exists IN ME, and I hope I will always remember its existence, and it has changed "me" in that I think I can say, "I have felt love.  And I have been loved.  And I still love."    And I cry.  And I just keep on.   

And I thank God.

image.png.084a5f1ccb008ed71283957c5535f517.png

• Members

@Boggled I was wondering if you have seen a medium. I have seen two and the second one was amazing. She knew things no one else could have possibly known. My kids and I do not have social media accounts so I don’t know how she could have told us the things she was communicating from my husband and mother. Although it comforted me on one level, it also left me asking more questions about the afterlife. 

• Moderators

Hi Sar, I would only advise caution on mediums....I don't pretend to know if any are legit, but I am certain many are not...but what they are is good at "knowing things they shouldn't be able to know" and astounding people with their "abilities." They can find things online through more than just social media, and they are good at "cold readings" too (sizing someone up when they meet them), which commonly employ high-probability guesses, quickly picking up on signals as to whether their guesses are in the right direction or not, then emphasizing and reinforcing chance connections and quickly moving on from missed guesses. etc etc. 

I'm not saying that was the case with the person you saw...obviously I've no idea...again just a general word of caution. 

• Members

I tend to be skeptical when it comes to mediums. I am not on Facebook or any social media platforms other than this one and neither are my children. This particular medium knew specific things that no one and I mean literally no one knew because it was about things that had never been told or discussed with any person. I know all about leading questions mediums can do, etc. I’m not stupid. She did none of that. It was also done via zoom and not in person. I have no need to go back, but it is my choice if I do. 

As far as paying for one, I don’t have a problem with that. How is it any different than people who give money to their churches? There are many different religions throughout the world . I personally don’t buy into Christianity or any other religion. It’s human nature to want to believe in a god. However, I do believe in a spiritual world. None of us will ever really know what happens after we die. It’s our choice to believe in what we want to believe in. 

• Moderators

2 hours ago, Sar123 said:

I know all about leading questions mediums can do, etc. I’m not stupid. She did none of that.

Of course not; I wasn't implying you were. Again, I was speaking generally.

As far as paying for one, I don’t have a problem with that. How is it any different than people who give money to their churches? 

Hmm - well, off the top of my head:

- Payment to churches is optional, never required
- Most churches are sincere, whereas most mediums are not (IMO...granted it's hard to say where the percentages lay)
- Churches don't accept money simply for personal gain; it also goes into the church maintenance, various charity efforts, etc

• Members
15 hours ago, Sar123 said:

@Boggled I was wondering if you have seen a medium. I have seen two and the second one was amazing. She knew things no one else could have possibly known. My kids and I do not have social media accounts so I don’t know how she could have told us the things she was communicating from my husband and mother. Although it comforted me on one level, it also left me asking more questions about the afterlife. 

Sar123, I've got a couple books written by mediums, but have not gone to see one or had any sessions online.  man, the questions about the afterlife!  For a long time after my husband died, I felt like I felt him.   At one absolutely convincing point (FOR ME!) I believe I DID feel him!  It's why I'm calling myself "Boggled."  Because it blew my mind and all my preconceived ideas right out of the water.   And I'll NEVER forget it.  Yes.  I believe there is an "afterlife."  

As far as whether a medium is straight and honest, that's for you to decide for yourself, from what I've read (all I know), when people say "they told me things they couldn't possibly have known," they're little PERSONAL things that only the persons involved WOULD have or COULD have known.   

• Members

I too have my questions about religion ... and the Bible and when the New Testament books were written and who was behind the writing of them.

One book I've been eyeing is:  Evolution of the Word: The New Testament in the Order the Books Were Written: Borg, Marcus J.: 9780062082114: Amazon.com: Books

Because part of my personal problem with believing in the afterlife, (for EVERYONE, btw!) is this idea that you HAVE TO believe in the one and only Messiah.

Who wrote that?  and when?  what about people from other cultures who never get a chance at that?  

Another interesting book (to me):  Jesus and Buddha: The Parallel Sayings (Seastone): Borg, Marcus, Kornfield, Jack: 9781569751695: Amazon.com: Books

But I'm avoiding BUYING more books!  I have two stacks of books sitting on my bedroom dresser ... tooooo many books!   I've told myself to stop it!   

• Members

I've been looking at "pictish stones," apparently they've been classified into I, II, III sets of stones, class I "only pictish, no Christian symbols," Class II, pictish AND Christian symbols, class III, (probably only Christian symbols?).

As I gaze upon such a stone as this (below), the two circles with the lines between them ... aren't they VERY similar to that first image I'd posted above, of the connection between two people, of love?   and that "Z line" going through the connection ... could that "broken arrow" symbol be "death?"   What does this "dePICT?"  😏

just thought I'd mention it.  The "crescent symbol" on some of the early stones is also interesting to me ... "the afterlife" comes to mind, to me.   DePICTions of the crescent are on here:  Crescent (Pictish symbol) - Wikipedia

the crescent symbols, to me, are sort of like carving into ROCK, that feeling "WE WILL MEET AGAIN."

256px-DunnichenMeffan.jpg

• Members

from Wikipedia:  Invereen Stone - Wikipedia  

okay ... my interpretation re. the crescent with the "V line," or perhaps, "broken arrow?" ... one of us died and I'm waiting to die and the two "things" between the two deaths (separate in time, as the "V line shows,") are US together again as spirits in the afterlife.  We will meet again.  ... and I'm carving it into rock (or having a stonemason carve it, more likely) so people can see this for a long long long time!

and the two circles are US, with the spiritual connection between us also carved into rock, with death separating us, but only for now!  

256px-Invereen_stone.JPG