Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Holidays

KennyW

• Members

I don't enjoy the holidays any more and have not since 2001. In 2011 obviously there was 9/11. On 9/12 my grandmother fell and broke her hip, on 9/13 I had to put my dog to sleep. My father died Sept 2020. My best friend died october 28 2023. It is like when holiday season comes around someone dies. My family calls funerals family reunions. I've had family die in Nov and Dec. So I dread the holidays and that is sad. They are suppose to be a happy time spent with family and friends. When Sept 1st comes around i say to myself, "I wounder who is going to die this year?" Isn't that terrible...

• Moderators

I'm very sorry for your losses. I had a lot of losses in the late part of the year too. All we can do is try to make the most of it (I know, a tired cliche but true IMO), hopefully with whoever is still in our lives, or finding new people to include in our lives. I hope you and everyone have as good of a holiday as possible...