Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my family and now I hate everyone

Sharr

• Members

I lost my little brother in 2020 which resulted in my mom blaming my dad and taking my disabled brother with her essentially leaving the family ans ostracizing us from our extended family on her side, with whom we grew up. My siblings and I were all battling addiction at the time and over the last three years we’ve all gotten clean and nobody else died by overdose ans we were starting to heal. But then in July of this year, my dads health rapidly declined and he passed away from cancer we didn’t know he had. My mom didn’t come to the funeral or send any condolences. Now I see strangers and I hate them, which is super out of character for me bc I’ve always been pretty empathetic and accepting of people, and I’m letting all my friendships fall away. I don’t care about anyone anymore except me and my living siblings who all live far away. So basically I’m alone all the time and when I see strangers being happy out ans about I feel hatred for them and often wish they would die. Is this normal? If yes when does it stop?