Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Unexpected loss

Lost73

• Members

On October 26, 2023 my 16 yr old nephew died in an accident with a semi driver. It was all over the news and such a senseless tragedy. 

I am so sad, so angry, and just depressed. I am doing my best to try and be a support for my sisters family but I don't feel that anything will ever be enough. Getting together as a family is so uncomfortable and it never was like this. I'm at a loss. But I am always either crying my eyes out or incredibly angry there is no in-between. This is a horrible way to live, it just is. I needed a place to talk because there is no one around me to really talk to. Thanks for listening.

• Hugs 2

• Moderators

I have also lost a niece and a nephew, one to an accident, he was three, the other born without a brain, made it to almost two.

It's the hardest thing in the world, and we never forget them.  Talk here, get your feelings expressed, that's what this place is for.  I don't think we can ever 100% identify what it is to lose a child in the same sense they do, but my sister that had the baby born w/o a brain, she documented her journey and read us excerpts at her funeral...they put Kleenex in the bulletins, they were needed and then some.