Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Disturbing dreams of separation

Jemiga70

• Moderators

It could be your subconscious aware of the two worlds not crossing, not that she's rejecting you.

• Like 2

• Members

I can see how that would be confusing and upsetting. I had two distinct dreams very similar but they were in the first few weeks of my partner's passing. They were horrible to experience because I figured that, at the very least, we could still be together in my dreams. Eventually I came to realize that it had something to do with how my mind was easing me into an acceptance of this reality. I'm uncertain why you would need to experience such unpleasantness now after so long but I wonder if it could be tied into your travel plans and exploration this winter ?? Our poor minds are so chaotic with thoughts and remembrances. 

• Like 3

• Members
On 10/22/2023 at 2:21 PM, KayC said:

It could be your subconscious aware of the two worlds not crossing, not that she's rejecting you.

Yes, could be.  As vivid as they have been, the dreams have not felt the same as the visitations I had early on where I felt I was in another realm and not  merely dreaming. Thank you for the links.

On 10/22/2023 at 6:51 PM, DWS said:

I'm uncertain why you would need to experience such unpleasantness now after so long but I wonder if it could be tied into your travel plans and exploration this winter ?? Our poor minds are so chaotic with thoughts and remembrances.

My travel plans are indeed set - and my mind is churning about how it could all turn out.  I'm going anyway.

It could be that 2.5 years isn't so long after all.  Medium Mark Anthony says on his grief page that grief takes "...sometimes up to 5 years to fully process. So, don’t put unrealistic demands upon yourself to 'get over it.' Instead let yourself heal according to your own time frame."  I suppose my brain is still working things out.

On 10/22/2023 at 7:55 PM, foreverhis said:

Don't feel alone in this. 

Thanks, and also for sharing your post. I'm sorry you've had to go through hellish dreams too. Your 3rd dream strikes me as symbolic.

On 10/22/2023 at 7:55 PM, foreverhis said:

Lately, I have vague images and memories of "Oh, John was part of my dreams last night."  They aren't nightmares now and I couldn't tell you a single detail, just that he was somehow there and part of it.

I have these too. So I've had what I believe are a) visitations; b) nightmares; and c) vague ones, where she isn't angry and nothing distressing happens. She's just there, but I cant remember details.

• Like 4