Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

One year later

Jen-Lee

• Members

I didn't expect I'd feel just about the same 1 year later after the loss. I try to keep busy and keep going but I've noticed the tears come rather quickly and I just miss having dad around. Simple things such as wanting to share a story but knowing you can't or waking up and expecting to see him in his room. It's confusing and feels messy at times. 

• Members

I feel the same. Dad died on 7th January 2022. I still feel the urge to call and tell him something. For the most part I get on with life but all of a sudden something hits me and I just want to talk to him. I don't know if it ever goes away. Dad used to talk about his own mum who died when he was a teen and he said he always missed her. 

I  have no advice, other than think of the nice memories. When I feel upset I think of all the lovely things my Dad did over the years. I try to remember how lucky I am to have had such a wonderful Dad for 33 years 

• Members

Step father passed on ...After a year when I look at the pics of his wake and funeral I know he is not there but now when I do something that reminds me of him or think of him it makes me laugh andmiderately pass be me but I know in my heart he is in Heaven and when heaven touches down it can create the greatest miracles. Pray for those who mourn and their families thank you.