Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mom and Dad, Brother and Sister

Michael Thyfault

• Members

Wow- that’s beautiful how you honor them - they sound like they would make an amazing family - I too feel alone now - my only sister died at 54 - we were close - so close- we got through life together  - I’m mad and so sad she isn’t here.  My mom passed 13 years ago from cancer - there are so many pictures of my mom, my sister and I and it’s so surreal now when I see them … I am the only one left of this powerhouse trio - why am I here still? It’s so lonely.  Big hug to you from someone who feels your pain 

• Like 1

• Members

Hi Michael Thyfault,

Reading your loving words toward your family members brought tears to my eyes. 

In six years, you have lost your entire birth family, with very little time to grieve between each death. I would not cope very well, if it were me. I sense that you have great strength and what helps you is to honor them with love and grace every day. I'm also struck by your family members' altruism and goodness. They achieved success but more importantly, they helped people and made a difference in their lives. I sense you have this great compassion too. 

I'm the youngest sibling with two living sisters. Our mom, dad and brother are gone. I hope I can find as much courage as you seem to have, if I am ever in that position. 

Thank you for sharing and take good care. 

• Like 3

• Members
Michael Thyfault

Thank you for the wonderful replies. All my bets wishes and prayer to you and your loved ones.

• Members

I lost my mom in 2010 my brother in March of this year and my dad a couple of weeks ago. I can relate to how you feel and i'm so sorry we have to share the same pain. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. My heart goes out to you.