Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Anger

James A

• Members

I struggle with intense bouts of anger during the grieving... It feels very uncomfortable to me... I feel like I "shouldn't" be angry... That obviously doesn't make it go away... Just adds a layer of guilt to it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

That's a good article! I found the list "You may find yourself feeling angry at: ..." helpful, cos soooo true... And the old adage about which wolf you feed is always a good reminder. Thank you 🧡

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, 50-Something-Mom said:

I felt anger towards my husband for the first 6 months.  He committed suicide and our 13-year-old daughter found him after he shot himself.  I saw red for months and couldn't think of a single good thing from our 25 years together.  I broke a lot of things.  I couldn't help but wonder, how could you do this to us??  Finally at around 6 months I moved into a place of sympathy, compassion, and understanding.  I felt sorry for that little boy who just wanted his parents to love him and ended up in a cycle of depression thanks to their neglect.  I know he is in a better place now and he is no longer in pain.  I know he wants me to be happy and he is always watching over me and our daughter.  I know he loves me and he knows I did the best I could.  I am finally at peace. ❤️

Your anger is understandable to say the least, but I'm glad you were able to get past it. That is a unique kind of loss I won't pretend to understand. I think like most losses, you'd have to experience it to truly "get it."

• Like 3