Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Grieving after 2 years

Yjh12

• Members

I lost my nephew almost 2 years ago and thought I was handling the grief and depression well until I recently broke down all of a sudden. The grieving and depression has caused me to feel a little withdrawn from socializing which I’m okay with but its hard when there are people in my life who don’t understand how hard it is for me to socialize when all I want is to be alone. I’m not sure what I’m asking for to be honest or why I’m even here on this forum. But I guess I’m just looking for someone to talk to who understands what it is like to lose a child. I can’t fault the people in my circle for their lack of understanding because they’ve never experienced what it is like to lose hope, dreams, and aspirations, and a future for a child all in an instant. All I’ve been told is to “just accept it” and move on but the sadness is all I have left of him. How can I let go?