Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost three people very close to me in the last six months

Dena449

• Members

I have lost three people very close to me in the last six months. I lost aRyan to a accident he was like a son to me, two weeks after he passed I had to go help take care of my father for the last two weeks of his life and now two weeks ago I lost my only brother. I feel like I am losing my mind. I am sad all the time and do not know what to do t get better.

• Members

Dena,

I am so very sorry about your losses. Three in such a short span must have left you reeling in shock and agony. I know it is horrible right now, but please believe things will get better. For now, just try to get through a little at a time. Don't think too far out. Try to talk to people and talk about your love and your loss.

Do you have support at home? What about at work?

ModKonnie

• Members
immissingyou

I don't think there's any quick or easy way to get over losing someone close to you. I too lost three people in a very short time period - my grandmother who I loved dearly and my two best girlfriends not to death but the friendships ended. Although only one loss was due to death, there is still a void. It took me months to get myself back but eventually I did. I think finding some sort of an outlet is imperative. For me it was running. I am so very sorry for your losses!

Archived