Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Sweet, Beloved Husky was Murdered

completely_lost

• Members
completely_lost

She was the sweetest being I knew - my beloved husky I had had for nearly twelve years. Now she's gone, and I feel completely empty, devastated, and alone.

The worst part of it was... I didn't get to say goodbye to her. And I hadn't had the chance to spend much time with her recently, because I had just moved and adopted two puppies, so most of my time was spent trying to repair the house and get the puppies to grow up the way we wanted them.

She probably felt sad and unloved.

If I had known what was going to happen, I would have done anything and everything differently. 

But I had no way of knowing that my neighbor was a psychopath who would so callously and brutally murder such a wonderful dog.

I would give almost anything to have her back, just to tell her I love her, to hug her one last time. But I'll never get to see her, or smell her, or feel her again. I'll never get to let her know how much she meant to me. And the time I did have with her I wasted on selfish endeavors. 

I miss you, and it feels like this pain will never go away. It hurts so much I wish I could have been buried with you. I wish I could see you again...

I'm so sorry...

• Hugs 2

• Moderators

I am so sorry, that is my favorite dog and I think you know why.  My last dog was a Golden Retriever/Husky, and my current one is a Klee Kai, or miniature Husky.

Unreal that your neighbor could do such a thing!  I hope you reported it to the authorities.

Your beloved dog is at peace now...

You can rest assured your Husky is at peace now...

The what ifs blame game happens to most of us going through early grief, it did me when my husband died nearly 18 years ago...it's not that we are guilty of anything but loving them, and the truth is feelings are not facts, but it's that we can't wrap our heads around what happened, and our mind is trying to find some different possible outcome so it searches all the what ifs...

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

A Dangerous Villain: Guilt
Breaking the Power of Guilt
A Dangerous Villain: Guilt
http://www.pet-loss.net/guilt.shtml
http://www.griefhealing.com/article-loss-and-the-burden-of-guilt.htm
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2019/08/pet-loss-when-guilt-overshadows-grief.html
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2017/07/pet-loss-when-guilt-goes-unresolved.html

I hope this short video brings you some comfort and peace.

• Members

I am so sorry for the pain you are going through!  I cannot even imagine that devastation.  :(  Positive healing thoughts being sent your way! 😪

• Hugs 1

• Members

I just want to say how sorry I am to hear your story.  Humans can be capable of such cruelty and evil.  I wish more people would listen to the better angels of our souls and not be drawn to the dark.  My heart breaks for both you and your sweet girl.  Please try to put the blame where it belongs, on the shoulders of the person who committed this evil act.  You did nothing wrong.  We all look at ourselves in the mirror and think we should have been better, done more, and every kind of guilty thought imaginable. I urge you to read the articles KayC provided; they're insightful and helpful, IMO.  You are not alone.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I'm heart broken and also this outrageous, I hope you called the police. Do not let such a violent act go. :( 

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

Me too, it is horrific and that man belongs behind bars!  IMO the laws for pets should be the same as for our children, they are our children!

• Like 1