Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My very young cat died and I don´t know what to do anymore

DewelLion

• Members

I grew up with a cat, Tom. After 18 years he passed away at January 3rd 2022. I was devastated as he was my best friends my whole life, but at least I had time to come to term with his death beforehand. 

Then my girlfriend asked me about six months later if we could adopt one kitten out of a litter her coworker just got. I was hesitant but I agreed to at least visit them. 

We decided to get two sisters, we named them Freya and Nova. It took me plenty of time to get close to them because I was still hesitant. It still felt like I would replace my boy Tom.

But eventually I developed a strong bond with both of them. Especially Freya and I became very close. 

They helped me a lot with getting over the death of my boy. 

Nova distanced herself after both of them finally could get out in the garden. 

Freya and I got closer and closer until we shared a bond that was as strong as the bond I had with Tom. I love both but Freya was MY cat.

She selpt with me in my bed every night, climbed onto my lap when I wanted to game and she always greeted me when I got home. She was my girl. 

At this moment they´re both 14 months old. But yesterday.. I don´t know what to say.

Freya got caught in the fence of a pen with chickens and suffocated. I broke down crying after seeing her and I still se the image of her dead body every time I close my eyes. My chest feels like something is crushing me and I can´t stop crying. I thought we had years but... I miss her so much. 

We buried her in the garden and made sure to make her grave as pretty as can be. 

But I still expect her to come to me whenever I enter a different room or go outside. I expect her sweet purring or her meows and I expect to see her sleeping on my bed whenever I go into my room. 

I don´t know what to do and I can´t do this. it hurts so much. i miss her so bad and I don´t know how to go on with my life. I just break down crying every few hours. I want her back so badly. I miss her su much. I just want to see my sweet little girl again. She didn´t deserve what happened to her. 

• Sad 3

• Moderators

I am so sorry for your loss.  I do know how much it hurts.  After my husband died a cat showed up, she was beautiful with blue eyes, looked siamese but had the sweetest tiniest little feminine voice.  I kept shooing her off, thinking her someone else's, but finally realized she was living in the rafters above my carport.  I took her in. My sister told me her neighbor brought her up here and dumped her off.  I couldn't imagine that.  She was the sweetest little thing...one day she disappeared.  I'd been outside all day and hadn't heard a thing.  She NEVER left home and never would.  I think a cougar got her from behind and took off with her.  I put up fliers, talked to neighbors, nothing.  But another neighbor's cat disappeared at the same time and she also thought it was a cougar.

You are so right, they didn't deserve what happened.  But your kitty is at peace now, waiting for you when your time comes.  Who knows, maybe she's met my Miss Mocha.  

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

• Members

Wow, that is so tragic, my heart breaks for you. I am sure you could've never foreseen such a freak accident happening.

I am so sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1