Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New therapist and thoughts about my mother (non rose colored glasses)

dark_phoebe

• Members

08/14/2023

So I started seeing a new therapist (who is lovely btw) and we spent our first session talking about my mom and I brought up the fact that I don't like talking about my mom in a bad light, I tend to paint her as this person who could do no wrong - because let's be honest no one wants to talk bad about a loved one especially the dead -  and this past year I've been going through my memories and how they actually were instead of how I wanted them to be. I love my mother but she let her grief consume her, am I saying that she was a bad person for doing that? No! but I am saying I want to learn from her, no matter how bad the grief is, it will not be like that forever

Again am I saying that you are bad for not thinking that? NO! I did and still do think like that these are just my thoughts and feelings.

There is a lot more that I want to say but I'll end this here 

• Hugs 1

• Members
Daddys girl kw

thank you for sharing your thoughts my dear ❤️ 

parents are humans too Not perfect .. so it’s ok to see them for what they are the real them and loving them anyways … i guess love is to love a person and accept his dark side not tolerate it accept it , everyone of us have a dark side some more than others… 

so proud of you for trying to learn not only from your life but from your moms life and choices .

may you always find peace in your heart ❤️