Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Can't acess my fathers ashes

Connielee

• Members

Hello everyone I am in need of some guidance I am so lost right now. 

My father passed away at the begging on the year due to mental health reasons and also due to an addiction it caused his health to decline. At the time they were still married despite her having an avo on him due to him having an addiction . At the My step mother who I have known since 5 years old has shown a different face in front of everyone but behind the doors she is shutting me down. 

It's hard enough to grieve but I am also un able to get in contact due to her ignoring me. I can't see the ashes as she has them with her and I have been given nothing not even one item of clothing of my father's. She has taken everything.  She also failed to put me on the death certificate aswell . When he passed away she didn't inform me I found out by two other family members. 

I don't know what to do and how to move forward here .

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

I would say get in touch with a lawyer in your state to find out what your rights are and how to proceed.

I am so sorry for your loss and everything you are going through.

• Like 1

• Members
Just now, KayC said:

I would say get in touch with a lawyer in your state to find out what your rights are and how to proceed.

I am so sorry for your loss and everything you are going through.

Thank you for your advice I appreciate it

• Like 1

• Moderators

I doublechecked my list of articles and find nothing that covers this, I'm so sorry.  What state are you (and he) in?

• Members
1 minute ago, KayC said:

I doublechecked my list of articles and find nothing that covers this, I'm so sorry.  What state are you (and he) in?

I am in Australia nsw 

• Like 1