Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Getting stuck

AJ4

• Members

I found myself getting stuck at work when some paperwork was sent over from a place my husband used to work.  There were some notes he'd written and his initials. Nothing personal or especially unique but just knowing he wrote it stopped me .. I just sat there for the longest time wondering what to do. 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

I am so sorry. That must come as a bit of a shock when you are at work. I know how you feel. It is like the email from my husband that arrived in my inbox. It took my breath away. It was one of those spam mails where they've cloned your address and I knew that was what it had to be but it still took me two days to delete it.

I have various bits of paper with his writing. It's hard enough just trying to throw away anything that has his name on it. Three years on letters still come for him. Even the doctor...no I'm not going down that rabbit hole. That way lies madness.

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Out of the blue one of my son's got a tattoo with  love mom, which he had them enlarge and stencil from a card she gave him. When I seen her handwriting on his chest it just about broke me.

these reminders and sign posts keep popping up and I think they always will.

in time I hope they won't hurt as much

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, shawnt said:

in time I hope they won't hurt as much

It won't. When I say my son displayed George's bow in a prominent position in his living room, it made my heart swell...had he done it right away it might have hit me as the tat did you.  Our journey evolves in time...

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I don't cry as much as I did a year ago.  Still sometimes I get heartache though, literal feeling of my chest hurting from emotion.   

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
1 hour ago, AJ4 said:

Still sometimes I get heartache though, literal feeling of my chest hurting from emotion. 

I have similar feelings after almost a year. It's hard to believe I'll never see her again for as long as my life lasts on this earth. It's an emptiness that has me feeling "stuck moving forward." It amazes me that I can and do have a sense on humor on this board (when appropriate), while at the same time feeling indifferent towards most things.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2