Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I think it's my fault that something bad happened to my mom.

kukiii._.iii

• Members
kukiii._.iii

Recently I got to know my mom is allergic to kiwi. But I got to know about it after something happened to her... It was one sunday afternoon I made a fruit salad with bunch of fruits throwed in together with kiwi. 

Although I wanted my mom to try it, she ate a bit of it not too much; just s itsy bitsy bit. I wasn't even aware she had some allergies.  Few minutes later, she asked me whether it had kiwi in it, I responded back with 'yes' she panicked and went into frenzy and started yelling: I wasn't still aware what happened.  Then she finally yelled at me and told me 'I'm allergic to kiwi.' By that time I thought it's not even too much why is she overreacting. 

I went into my room and I was preparing for my upcoming exams, a hour later my brother (younger than me) came into my room and told me my mom is sick. I thought it's nothing to much, then I saw her in the bathroom with my dad and she was so sick that I was disgusted that I did a biggest mistake of my life by giving her one spoon filled with fruits... 

I want to cry but I can't and I know it's my fault because of which my mom suffered almost for 4 to 5 hours. She couldn't walk at all, she puked in every 5 minutes. I still blame myself yet I don't know how to show that I do feel bad for whatever I've done and I can now never show her my face.

• Sad 1

• Moderators

If your mom never told you about her allergies, it's not our fault.  My family KNEW about my food allergies, I had them for 38 years until I went on Keto for life and it reversed it.  Your mom, knowing how allergic she is, should have called 911 and gone in emergency rather than sticking out such dire consequences.  My heart goes out to you, you are in no way to blame.

I am wondering why you are on a grief forum, did your mom die from it? You didn't say.

• Members
kukiii._.iii

No she didn't die but I kind of distance myself from her and I knew this was a grieving platform but I needed someone to help me through with this so I was left with no other option but to come here...