Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The best day in my life

I miss you so much

• Moderators
15 hours ago, goldberry said:

if he'd been the one that was left he wouldn't be doing so great either so it's okay to let myself fall apart. 

Yes.  Anv. are hard, never did figure out the best way to do it or what to say to someone else going through it (Happy Anniversary doesn't seem to cut it), but know we were thinking of you and however you do it is best for you at the time..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Mine was the day we got married.  We'd both been so afraid something would jinx it! I remember George had a look that said, "I gotcha now!"  Our kids were there.  It was right up there with the day my kids were born, those three days stand out to me as the best days of my life.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

The best day in my life was when we met...31 may 2000! Little i knew at the time that it was the day that changed for the best my life...but in the evening of that day i already knew it!

I immediately trust him and felt that i was finally at home...never felt that emotion again!

He was so sweet so tender, before that night i was in love!

I can't help but miss him so much...sometimes i am so overwhelmed by the need of him...!

It's really hard maintain the control of yourself, all i want is see him again....

Impossible but...how can you explain it to your longing heart ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
I miss you so much
On 8/3/2023 at 1:18 PM, Roxeanne said:

The best day in my life was when we met...31 may 2000! Little i knew at the time that it was the day that changed for the best my life...but in the evening of that day i already knew it!

I immediately trust him and felt that i was finally at home...never felt that emotion again!

He was so sweet so tender, before that night i was in love!

I can't help but miss him so much...sometimes i am so overwhelmed by the need of him...!

It's really hard maintain the control of yourself, all i want is see him again....

Impossible but...how can you explain it to your longing heart ?

Totally what I felt...and feel

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
I miss you so much
On 8/13/2023 at 6:12 AM, widower2 said:

oy. After all this time I'm so much more stable than I was back when, but threads like this can hit home.

We met at a singles party of all things ("Fat Tuesday"/Mardi Gras party) - I remember when she walked in the room and I saw her and went "wow what a hottie" :) She didn't look my way though. I guess she was used to such looks and a little defensive; understandable. I thought oh great, another one of these cute girls who's so full of themselves and super defensive, to heck with that. Turns out I couldn't have been more wrong and she was as nice and sweet as she'd been I'm sure her whole life. Someone ended up scarfing the beer I brought so she shared her wine with me and we hit it off and rather out of character for me, for once I got up the nerve to ask for a phone number and date. The poor girl was foolish enough to oblige ;)  

Thanks for sharing.

These memories are very touching.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Members
Griefsucks810
On 7/30/2023 at 3:08 PM, goldberry said:

Today is my wedding anniversary.   These days that mark the meeting, joining and special celebrations with our loves are beautiful, difficult, sad and happy days.  I try and remind myself that I am lucky to have had a soul meeting with someone in this big, lonely world.  I am grateful that I knew this love and that it is now part of the function and structure of my brain and heart.   I was one of the lucky ones who also got to witness my husband dying peacefully, embracing the next step in his journey and that this is a gift beyond measure in helping me to cope with my fears of mortality and death.  It is a tight rope to walk the balance between allowing the darkness and remembering to look for the light for me.  I want to be in this world in a way that he would want but I recognize that if he'd been the one that was left he wouldn't be doing so great either so it's okay to let myself fall apart.   We were believers in love/god/goddess being synonymous.  It's not easy to live in that when your heart is shattered and it feels on some days that there is no reason to live.  But love still exists in our hearts and in the things that make us smile.  I am glad that this day still makes you smile, Shawn.  We wouldn't be in this deep grief if we didn't also have deep love. 

I thanked God for letting me meet my husband who gave me unconditional love affection, understanding, patience, compassion and companionship until the day he died. He accepted me for me and all my flaws; I never had a man love me the way he did. He was my defender and my protector in life and told me he would never leave me.  He died unexpectedly and that fast my way of life with him was over. I haven’t been able to rebuild my life yet because I don’t believe in myself or have the strength or determination to begin changing my negative feelings and thoughts and implement positive feelings and thoughts into my mindset so I can have a better outlook on life and that I can have a new life for myself and experience happiness again.  I also need to have a daily routine and regular sleep schedule cuz right now I’m just surviving day by day doing only the necessary things to live such as caring for my cat, eating meals and going to the bathroom that’s all I do and nothing more.  It takes me a while to fall asleep and when am sleeping it’s only for a short time cuz I wake up in the middle of the night at least 2x’s a night. I never feel refreshed in the morning cuz of the sleep disruptions. I never thought that I would end up being a widow and live a life a misery and having constant  mental health problems to deal with and growing old by myself.  My husband’s death will always be a part of me 

• Hugs 4