Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost both of my parents recently and I'm having a hard time coping

onlychild1991

• Members
onlychild1991

Hi everyone,

I'm 32 years old, and I have lost both of my parents. My dad died in January of 2022 and my mom died this past April of 2023. The loss of the both of them have shattered my world completely. Not only was I super close with my parents, but I was also my mom's primary caregiver for 7 years prior to her passing. 

Their deaths have traumatized me due to how they passed. They both died the same way: medically induced coma, multiple organ failure, and I basically had to watch both of them die. This has been hard to cope with, and I wouldn't wish how I feel on my worst enemy. I lost the two most important people in my life, and it hurts so much. 

Is there anyone out there that is going through this or have gone through this? I don't know anyone who has lost both parents so close together at my age? I feel so alone in this world.

• Members

Hi onlychild1991,

I am 33 years old and I lost both my parents within a gap of 2.5 years. I lost my father in May 2021 and my mother just a month back in November 2023. I too feel lost most of the times. I feel like I am cursed or something to lose my parents so early. I feel your pain. Sometimes, it's the little signs I get that makes me feel like they are still around in spirit watching over me. Take care if yourself, I know its hard but our mom and dad would want that for us.

• Members
Raerae90s

Heyy, soo sorry for your loss girl 😞 I feel your pain truly , it’s the most heartbreaking thing I’ve ever experienced , I lost my mum  October 2022 due too kidney failure which she lost her life and had to be put into an induced coma which just resulted her losing her life as she has multiple cardiac arrests and also I’ve just lost my dad December 5 2023 due too a stroke which was his first and believe the hospitals could of prevented the death but nhs is just ridiculous and nothing we could if done but and also I believe the heart ache from my mother  really made him sick. He also had Heart failure and diabetes  which I had become a carer for him since my mother passed due to heath conditions and I think the year I spent with him makes my heart break more because I watched him slowly go but It was still go sudden my father would always say I’m going to die soon and I’d say shut up dad your gonna be fine and little did I know 😔 It’s has only been a year sine my mother and and father just went so suddenly I’m broken I have three children and a partner and I’ve just lost the plot , severely depressed and not coping not very well at the moment .

sometimes you just wanna run but nothing will take the pain away 😞

You are not alone trust me but I sure feels that way  I get you