Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Understanding loneliness and wanting to be alone

DWS

• Moderators

I love whatsyourgrief.com  You can sign up for articles to be sent to you also and I have a folder in my email on grief. ;)

• Like 2

• Members
20 hours ago, KayC said:

I love whatsyourgrief.com

Yes, their articles are nicely written with warmth and insight mixed with a down-to-earth way of conveying observation and advice. Often in grief, I think we just need someone to use words and put them into sentences to help us bring some sort of clarity to our jumbled, foggy, confused, busy minds. 

• Like 1

• Members
10 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

This old phrase rings so true to me:

"I'd rather be blue, thinking of you, than be happy with somebody new."

I so love that. It speaks this feeling so poetically. And of course, it's only those who truly feel grief that understand it. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Today a Dash lady delivered a package, she's two years older than me and fell for my place, said she could help out if I let her come up weekends...as she limped away. I value my privacy, that's all I could think after she left.  My timetable, my foods, my puppy, my life....

• Hugs 3

• Members

Kay, 

Maybe we are both paranoid, but I am with you.  I would not risk inviting this stranger into my life.  Too many unknowns.  My mind races through a list of horribles, if she was injured "helping out" would she sue you,  if she overstayed her welcome, could you get her out of your home, does she have unsavory friends or family that would become a problem.  Maybe all these are slim possibilities, but the downside risk is potentially great, and the  upside benefit is not grounded in any facts. 

I'd be flattered that she loved your private retreat, accept the compliment, and decline the offer of her help.  

It is sort of sad to have to be so suspicious of people, but we are very vulnerable.   You, Kodie and Panther are safe tucked away in your beautiful corner of the world.   I wouldn't let any stranger into your sanctuary.  There will be safer ways to get help with needed repairs. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Gail

• Like 4

• Moderators

I don't know her from Adam and would be taking on an intrusion into my sanctuary...for what? Nope...

• Like 2

• Members
1 hour ago, KayC said:

I don't know her from Adam and would be taking on an intrusion into my sanctuary...for what? Nope...

I agree. Not sure what's going through her mind, but I suspect it may be that she's looking out for herself; trying to find a place to "nest." Once she's there, it would be hard to get rid of her. I know Chris' uncle for 45 years; and would do anything I can to help him, but his move up her has been an adjustment for US and for HIM.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2