Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my beautiful Son to Fentanyl Poisoning 😭

Cindy Tenney

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Cindy,  so sorry for your loss.  I have been coming here for 5 years since I lost my son.We have an active group Loss of an adult Child.  I encourage you to join us.  There are parents at different stages of grief,  many of them have helped me along the way and have a genuine understanding of our pain.

• Hugs 1

• Members
Cindy Tenney

Thank you so much 

• Members

I lost my daughter to fentanyl poisoning last New Years Eve. Six months later, and I’m still walking around in a fog. 

• Hugs 1

• Members

I do not know why the US govt doesn't do something about the cartels providing this.  These drugs look like oxycodone 30.  My son had been in the hospital and was dischagred too soon without any pain meds.  I went to mexico and got some for him.  Turns out they were fentanyl.  THey sell them at pharmacies in absolutely perfect copies of percocet or oxycodone bottles, and the pills are identical.  I gave them to him and he took one- and he said "these are not percocet ====these are weird and make me sleep".  He died several days later and on the toxicology he had fentanyl in his system--not enough to kill him but now I knew that it was what those drugs were.  HOw sinister and cunning is that?  He had a tolerance to narcotices, but what if he didn't?  He died in December 2022- its still painful.  Just know this was not your fault.  He knew better, and he shouldn't have been taking pills but he didn't know.  Its the Mexican cartels fault and the governement officials who are paid off to let this stuff come herre.   Tell me more aobut your son---how old, what are your best memories?  

• Sad 1

• Members

My son was found July 26, 2023. He was 28. He was found by his uncle on his dads side. They sent him to a place 3 hours away from his place of death to perform hi autopsy. It's now Oct 22, 2023 and I still haven't gotten the coroners report on cause of death. My gut feeling tells me it is related to an overdose. The cause of death hasn't been something I have obsessed over for some reason. Is it really that important? Knowing won't bring him back. 

Well, I am reaching out to let you know that you are not alone. The passing of my son has felt a very lonely grief. The loss of a child is not normal, it is considered "out of the normal order." Fortunately, very few people will know someone that has gone through this particular grief. As supportive as my own mom, brother, friends, ect.. have tried to be, it's really hard to accept because they've lost loved ones, but not their child. And my God, to be a mother and that bond that begins at conception, to lose your child, adult or child, unless you have gone through it, how could anyone understand the...... There are no words to describe it.  

It has been and continues to be a very lonely place since losing him.. I'm sending my thoughts your way. I can say that I do know exactly how you feel and the #$%% your going through and it effing sucks and it's horrible. I'm so angry, have really lost any faith I had. It's just not how it's supposed to be and neither you, or any of us grieving parents should be going through any of this. 

I'm so sorry. 

• Like 1

• Members

I lost my daughter to fentanyl 2 years ago now. Similar story that she had a procedure and was sent home and her bf got her some "oxycodone" to help relieve some discomfort. 5 am I get a frantic call that the paramedics were at her place and couldn't revive her. I rushed over only to sit with her lifeless body on the floor until the police showed up to conduct an investigation. It took about 6 weeks for the autopsy results to come back. I know all about the PTSD, neglect of the government for allowing this to continue to flood our streets, insomnia, challenging faith, reluctance of people to even discuss it, the list goes on. Meanwhile we relive this nightmare every day in the absence of our children and the presents of our grief as the victims list continues to grow and the drugs pour in at record levels.