Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Does my one believe in Reincarnation

Nadz

• Members

Hi

this is my first post. I lost my baby on the 9th of June, he was 14 and to me the best dog/partner/best friend/world to me.

I cannot cope without him dispute having more dogs and cats. I don’t have kids or a partner he was my rock.

I had a last minute panic of trying to see if I could get his tissue to store for potentially cloning when he died, his passing was unexpected dispute the fact that he was panting more and more. I was going to take him to the vet but wanted to wait another week as we were going away with the family for my birthday to a dog friendly hotel in the Cotswolds.

My vets said they could do it but when I read the email from the cloning company, they needed a bit of his ear.I couldn’t do that as his ears were his best feature. So soft and silky, he was a beagle cross pug. I decided to bury him whole, sometimes I regret this sometimes I don’t.

after we buried him I had a deep feeling of connection and keep having the most powerful heart feeling and so devastated. For some reason I started thinking about him coming back to me in another pup. Now I’m obsessed in finding any truth behind this. There’s not many stories on line but it’s helping me get through this at the same time not as I tear myself up thinking I’m crazy he’s gone forever and that crushes me as though it’s just happened all over again.

help am I going in sane or has anyone been lucky enough to get their soul/heart pet back?

• Sad 1

• Moderators

No but when I lost my Arlie in Aug. 2016, I got a new pup in Dec...conceived when Arlie died and born on my bdy. When my son sent me a video and pictures, the name Kodie popped into my head. When he brought him to me, guess what was on the tag...Kodie.  

I would have given up part of Arlie's ear to save him, he had inoperable cancer and his liver was shutting down when I learned of it...just two weeks after his clean bill of health physical. My poor baby, he was my soulmate in a dog, I miss him still.

Kodie is not Arlie, very different personality and stature, but he is what I need, he is my service dog and always with me.  Arlie is buried in my backyard next to Skye and Kitty.  I will always miss him.

And clones are not the same personality as the original.  

My heart goes out to you, I know you miss your baby.  Have you ever read, "The Art of Racing in the Rain" about just that.

The what ifs blame game happens to most of us going through early grief, it did me when my husband died nearly 18 years ago...it's not that we are guilty of anything but loving them, and the truth is feelings are not facts, but it's that we can't wrap our heads around what happened, and our mind is trying to find some different possible outcome so it searches all the what ifs...

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

A Dangerous Villain: Guilt
Breaking the Power of Guilt
A Dangerous Villain: Guilt
http://www.pet-loss.net/guilt.shtml
http://www.griefhealing.com/article-loss-and-the-burden-of-guilt.htm
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2019/08/pet-loss-when-guilt-overshadows-grief.html
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2017/07/pet-loss-when-guilt-goes-unresolved.html

I hope this short video brings you some comfort and peace.

• Members

Thank you Kay. For your kind words and links and book I will look at.

I read that sometimes if your pet isn’t coming back, they may have fulfilled their destiny with you they will send another animal to you and be what you need at that time. I believe Kodie is Arlies gift to you. X

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

That's why I told you about him, too much for mere coincidence! I think he had his paw in it.

Another thing, he's a Klee Kai, they cost $3,500 and you have to put in an order for a year, sight unseen, have them flown into your state, drive clear across the state to get them at the airport.  My son was at work in the bathroom, his phone went off, he looked at it to see what it was and it was an ad for Klee Kai puppies, two miles from his place in Aumsville. (Small unheard of town).  Asking price: $800.  AND he got to meet both parents! It was the breeders first litter.  I've kept up with him on FB and have pictures of Kodie's parents, siblings, etc.  It's been amazing.  My son called me and said, "Yay or nay, they'll be gone within an hour!"  I was ready for bed, three hours away from him, II said, "Yay?"  I hadn't been looking for a puppy, I'd been looking for an older dog and bombing out on all counts.  This is the easiest pooch I've ever trained or housebroke!  Here's a picture of him when he got his first shots, he couldn't sit down or anything, he hurt so bad!  I put a pillow in front of him so he could rest his head at least...he got the most sympathy votes on FB! And the next one is him grown. And a picture of him with my son's Husky for comparison in size!

Kodie after vac 012720.JPG

Kodie 072121.jpg

And my Arlie...

Arlie running in snow.jpg

Kodie & Bruno Xmas.jpg

• Hugs 1

• Members

Aww they are beautiful and a wonderful story thank you.

Bosley was a Puggle a cross with a Beagle and a pug, getting him was a fate story all my others not so much. Pug cross beagles are hard to find now, they tend to be Puggle cross. Bosley was the most handsome dog I e ever laid eyes on and he won the local Scrufts competition when he was younger and we went to London for the finals with him.

I will never give up on him coming back to me, but will do my best to carry on while I wait it will be hard.

6E68152B-D9CE-465D-B3A5-8B357F3BB2FB.jpeg

1E4FAA28-B0B7-4DF5-9ECB-E7C61AB37BA4.jpeg

It won’t let me post a recent picture of him they are too big :( but he had a much paler face but still very handsome 

• Like 1

• Moderators

BEAUTIFUL dog!!

That's another thing, Arlie was 140 lbs and had acute chronic colitis is whole life, so I cooked for him.  That is a lot of cooking!  When he was diagnosed with cancer, my blood sugar soared over 200 and there it stayed. I thought it'd go down after he died but seven months of this and it was still high. So I started Keto and two months later my diabetic group (over 7,400 members) made me a moderator and this week made me an administrator.  

I hadn't been looking for any particular size, but with age in mind (I'm 70 now) med. size...Kodie is 21 lbs full grown.  Little did I know after I got him I'd have 14 major hand injuries, and have 10% strength and continual pain. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I'd NEED a smaller dog!  And he is a natural service dog, I had him registered, he is amazing.  It's like Arlie's parting gift to me was to get my diabetes under control...and gift me this little dog.  

I pray something good will come through your dog...I don't know what it is, but you will know.  And he does have beautiful eyes and ears..

• Moderators

I hope that with you!

And I do hope you'll read that book, I think you'll really like it. My sister gave it to me after Arlie died and it took me a year to read the last chapter, it was very emotional, but one of the top books I've read.

• Members

I will thank you just reading the one by Brent Atwater at the moment. Had a bad day yesterday and it just takes it out of you. Can’t imagine how you coped with losing your human bestie too :(

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

We have no choice. I didn't do so well in the early time.  I walked a neighbor's chow but he bit me twice and yanked hard on my hand requiring surgery, which was botched.  Bawled at my son's three hours away.  It was hard...a couple of other hand injuries (burn and dermatologist) and the rest were bad dog bites.  I still miss my Arlie.  I loved his goofiness and how he'd do the Husky talk, he had very evolved communication skills, very tonal language, and he'd make up games to play...

• Members

After Mylo, my Westie, was put to sleep on Tuesday, The only thing that helps (albeit a tiny bit) is that I no longer fear death. Mylo will be waiting for me, his happy face, waggy tail and huge personality will greet me, and then I'll know I'm in heaven. We HAVE to believe in something. That's my belief and I will make no apologies for it. Bye for now Mylo.

• Like 1