Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I am losing my dad

Bonni

• Members

I feel like I dont know who he was anymore. He was always this strong person who I never believed would become so weak. He got ill three years ago. It started when he couldnt move his one hand the way he wanted to. I was seventeen at that time and didnt really understand what this meant. His illness became gradually worse over the past years and in the last few weeks his health went downhill. He cant really walk anymore, use both of his hands or move without looking at the ground. He had a few incidents when he fell down the stairs and I watched as he fell face first. I dont know what to do, I am constantly scared that something is going to Happen to him and I dont have anyone to talk to. I am so scared to see him die. I am studying a few hours away in the next City and I feel guilty for being away from home during the week. My mom is the only one at home during this. I feel like I am forgetting who He was when he was healthy. What can I do how do I cope? I feel numb 

• Members
Alicia Payamps

Try to hold on to the happy moments.  When you see your Dad on the weekends cherish every minute and tell him everything that's in your heart.  Hug and take pictures.  Nothing will prepare you for that day.  Live in the moment of making memories.  Take day by day. 

• Like 1