Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I miss my parents every single day..

Aleah

• Members

I'm here to share my story and to let others know that they are not alone.. 

In May of 2009 my whole life changed.. I was 17 years old and my dad got diagnosed with terminal cancer and only had 6 months to live. Cancer is a awful disease and it's so aggressive. My dad passed away two months after his diagnosis. It took me awhile to accept the fact that my dad would not be around anymore.. he would never see my sister and I grow up, he would never see us graduating hs/college, having children, etc. My family was never the same once he passed away. My sister has been struggling with a drug addiction for the last 10 years.. she was only 13 years old when he died. Losing a parent at a young age deeply affects you.. My dad was my best friend. Next month it will be 14 years since he has been gone and I still miss him every single day. 

September of 2015, I lost my mom. I was 23 years old and she passed away 6 years after my dad did. Once again I couldn't accept the fact that she wouldn't be around anymore. I would give anything to hug my mom one last time or to even hear her laugh.

Losing a loved one is never easy and even though you get used to them not being around.. that pain never goes away. Some days I will have a meltdown because I can't believe both of my parents are gone. I envy anyone who's parents are still living. I would give anything to have that again. It gets lonely. 

• Like 1