Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Covid

Louis P.

• Members

This is my first time posting. My beautiful wife Bridget died from Covid in March. She was a quadriplegic but please don’t let that describe her. We went to a Bruce Springsteen concert in Florida. I got sick a passed it on to my wife. The day after the Super Bowl she started to get congested. I took her to urgent care and said she had acute pneumonia. I took her back to urgent care on Friday. The following Monday I put Bridget in her motorized wheelchair and her heart stopped. I called 911 and they took her to the hospital. She spent the next month in the ICU. It looked like she was getting to get better but aspirated and passed. I’m angry at myself because Covid never entered my mind. I still cannot feeling so helpless when Bridget started to aspirate. I yelled for the nurse but it was too late. I always took such great care of Bridget but I failed to protect her in the end.